• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Flak 2.0 Gunmetal Frame

Saintz

Oakley Beginner
I found a pair of Flak 2.0 on eBay that's listed as a Gunmetal frame. The frame appears to be sparkly. I can find no reference to this frame material anywhere. It's not a custom frame option on Oakley.com, either.

OAKLEY FLAK 2.0 XL SUNGLASSES GUNMETAL

Does anyone know what this is? In person does it look like Elton John's sunglasses, or is it more subtle like a mix between polished and matte?

I found a pair of Flak 2.0 on eBay that's listed as a Gunmetal frame. The frame appears to be sparkly. I can find no reference to this frame material anywhere. It's not a custom frame option on Oakley.com, either.

OAKLEY FLAK 2.0 XL SUNGLASSES GUNMETAL

Does anyone know what this is? In person does it look like Elton John's sunglasses, or is it more subtle like a mix between polished and matte?
Pretty sure Elton wouldnt wear shades like that.

Definitely Steel....as I just picked up this frame myself. Really awesome color, haven't seen anything like it before from Oakley.

Is it painted or is the flake actually molded into the plastic? I've found more pictures now that I know what it's called but I still can't tell if it's flashy or just a subtle bit of pop.

Exactly what @pistolpete23 said, comparable to the granite frame however it's more of a matte finish, not gloss so the metal specs are subtle...

Back