1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Jay-Da

Jay-Da Oakley Enthusiast

Anyone have a good method for removing and replacing the earsocks on the new Flaks? Do you have to snap the arm off like the old ones? I was able to remove the earsocks on the old Flaks pretty quickly with some soap and water but these look a little tougher...

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. da_nige

da_nige Oakley Enthusiast

In my experience they're easier to remove. In fact I didn't need any soap when I swapped mine. They just slid off and the new ones slid on. I think it's because of the thinner stems.

3. rml0015

rml0015 Oakley Beginner

A little soap never hurt! They do just slide on and off pretty easily though.

4. yanki01

yanki01 Oakley Beginner

these are cake to replace. I have black, redline and electric blue I change on mine and never have a problem with either water and soap or just plain water. you don't need a lot, just a little to get it a little slippery.

5. Jay-Da

Jay-Da Oakley Enthusiast

Thanks dudes. It was a lot easier than I thought it'd be...

6. pistolpetefan23

pistolpetefan23 Oakley Expert Premium Member

The only problem I had on mine was getting the oval type thing back in the hole after reinstalling. You have to get the edges in just right.

7. spin_nin

spin_nin Oakley Expert

It was suggested to me that I use hand sanitizer > soap & water / water because the alcohol will dry out, whereas soap & water / water can stay in there and promote the growth of mold.