1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. lowincash

lowincash Oakley Beginner

So after 2 weeks of waiting, my prescription lenses finally came in! I guess due to the recent holiday, Oakley was closed for a week or something and had a lot of orders to fill so it took a bit longer than usual.

Flak Jacket W/ VR28 BIP -- FINALLY! - OakleyFJV28BIP_2_zps401549ca.jpg
    Flak Jacket W/ VR28 BIP -- FINALLY! - OakleyFJV28BIP_1_zpse61bf7c9.jpg

I was really worried that there will be some sort of distortion which will give me a headache due to the curvature of the lenses. After trying them on, I was super happy that there's no distortion at all and surprisingly no adjustment time was needed to get use to them :D Everything is so crisp and clear, it's pretty amazing to be honest. IMO, the Oakley's are a lot better than the prescription RayBan's that I had before. Clarity is top notch.

About the VR28 lens, it's really nice to be able to drive into a somewhat dark parking structure without having to remove my sunglasses. However, when the sun is shining directly into my eyes, I still had to squint. In this regard, I think the black iridium polarized lens does a better job but I'm going to stick with the VR28's.

All in all, it was worth the money and wait :)

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Congratulations! I wouldn't worry so much about staring at the sun. ;)
    You've got other things to look at.

3. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Were they expensive?

4. washi me sensie

washi me sensie The Oakley R┼Źnin

:thumb:

5. lowincash

lowincash Oakley Beginner

The lenses alone I was quoted $310. I got a good deal on them. Got 20% off the frames from amazon. The lenses cost me $188, the guy at LensCrafters gave me a discount on them because he originally quoted me the wrong price or something. So total it only cost me a little over $300.

6. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

Not bad for prescription frames, honestly! VR28 BIP is a great lens and works for most bright situations, but no lens is perfect for everything.