• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For COD Fans: Treyarc Vs. Infinity Ward

Treyarch vs. Infinity Ward

• Infinity Ward

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Treyarch

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

Zax

Chicago
Before I state my side, I'm curious what you COD fans think. I had a huge debate with a few buddies of mine about an hour ago, and I'm curious to see what others think. My gf thought I was insane to yell over which company makes the better COD, but whatever! I'll post my opinion after a few remarks :smile:

Infinity Ward has the most talent people who working on cod until they detach after mw2. Treyarch? not big fan of em, look at black ops graph just killing my eyes bro after all
IW is still my fav dev team .

I never caught on with Battlefield :sad:. Maybe I'm just really used to Call of Duty. When I did play, I just got sniped a lot from the most random places lol.

Played black ops and enjoyed it at times, however I much prefer Modern Warfare 2.
Currently playing Modern Warfare 3 and while I enjoy it , I probably will play it up to the time I get Skyrim.

Playing Cod i tend to be the person lurking in the back, Or waiting on someone to wander by to take the kill before moving on.
I guess i play wrong cause i keep getting called a camper LOL
Stop running to me and I wont kill you :)

I liked MW2 the most, but started hating the COD community from there. It's too Arcadey for me. Also, it seems like all the douchebags play the COD series, of course all gaming communities has DBs, but COD attracts so many of them. BF3 is a lot more fun IMO. Driving land/air vehicles, being able to mod each weapon to your liking, actual teamwork to win Conquest and Rush...and more realistic. Not so many 12 yr olds trolling either. Being able to put a rifle scope on an 870 MCS shotgun, with the 12 guage slug attachment and 1 shotting people is just uber fun!

I've enjoyed all them...but personally, I got more playing time, enjoyment and liked the story most in Black Ops than anything else in the franchise, so I guess that tells you what you need to know. One thing to note, I never play online so maybe that effects my view don't know

I think all of the COD iterations had their pros and cons

Loved the MW story line. Hate the people playing MW2 multiplayer. I put up with the kids screaming in my ear about camping, noob tubing, "cheating" with the Model 1887 Akimbo, and running around knifing with Commando Pro. Then i got really annoyed when people started boosting, nuke boosting, and chaining killstreaks. I also hate how they stick you in a game and it's already finished. WTF is that? When the hacking started, i just stopped playing MW2 all together.

Hated the Black Ops story line. It was so convoluted and i hated the flashbacks all over the place. Multiplayer was fun. I liked that you couldn't chain your killstreaks so it was more about getting kills with your gun and not sitting back and letting your killstreaks do the work. The maps were well thought out and fast paced. I also loved the point system where you can buy whatever guns and attachments you wanted instead of having to earn it by leveling up. No, i don't want a flame thrower because it's useless. Thank you for not making me earn that first before earning my extended mags. Also never had issues finding a game.

I have touched MW3's story mode yet. I've been working on multiplayer. I like that it's now more focused on getting kills with your gun. Not too crazy about putting some pretty good kill streaks in the support category, especially when your kill count doesn't reset after dying, even though it still only rewards you by getting kills. Still sticks me into games that just finished. Again... WTF?!?!?

I hate kill confirmed with a passion. No one cares about picking up tags. It annoys the hell out of me.

So i don't have a favorite. But i will say i'm enjoying MW3. I'll probably go back and forth between MW3 and BlOps.

I really liked black ops, but I gotta say, that was the first treyarch game I liked, so I have to go with Infinity Ward, they produce amazing games time after time.

Back