• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Forum Ranking

ericforman

I should Work at Oakley
Idaho
I'm just curious as to the qualifications on the ranking system for the forum. I hardly remember being an "Oakley Collector" and other people that have similar stats compared to myself aren't "Oakley Experts". It also seems that you need at least 2000 posts to get a custom one.

In the old version there used to be a chart your could find that would tell you where the levels were does that still exist? I haven't seen it.

The titles really are just for fun. I just actually updated them, since we have added new trophies. The current titles are based on "trophy points" and are as follows:

Oakley Beginner: 0 Points
Oakley Enthusiast: 100 Points
Oakley Collector: 300 Points
Oakley Expert: 500 Points
I should work at Oakley: 1000 points
I am Jim Jannard: 2000 points
I own Oakley: 5000 points

For creating your own title it is 2000 posts.

The titles really are just for fun. I just actually updated them, since we have added new trophies. The current titles are based on "trophy points" and are as follows:

Oakley Beginner: 0 Points
Oakley Enthusiast: 100 Points
Oakley Collector: 300 Points
Oakley Expert: 500 Points
I should work at Oakley: 1000 points
I am Jim Jannard: 2000 points
I own Oakley: 5000 points

For creating your own title it is 2000 posts.
Mine reads Oakley Enthusiast and I'm well over 100 posts.

Great info.

Were they based on trophy points before? Did you up the thresholds for some of the ranks? I had gotten up to Oakley Expert (for which I don't think I really qualify) and then with the update knocked down to Enthusiast and now am back up to Collector (which fits, I think)...

I'm just curious; like you said they're just for fun and I don't have any emotional investment in which level my ranking's at... but I am looking forward to hitting 2000 posts and being able to customize it... though not by posting 1500 "Hi! Nice!" posts...

Great info.

Were they based on trophy points before? Did you up the thresholds for some of the ranks? I had gotten up to Oakley Expert (for which I don't think I really qualify) and then with the update knocked down to Enthusiast and now am back up to Collector (which fits, I think)...

I'm just curious; like you said they're just for fun and I don't have any emotional investment in which level my ranking's at... but I am looking forward to hitting 2000 posts and being able to customize it... though not by posting 1500 "Hi! Nice!" posts...

They were based on posts before, but for the last 1-1.5 years they have been based on trophy points. Yeah I recently bumped it up after noticing how unbalanced it was. The title really doesn't mean anything, it was just for fun. Just because you have 1 or 1000 points doesn't mean your an expert(not to say anyone isn't). It was just titles to go along with, as you get more and more points.

Latest Posts

Back