• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fuel Cell Science Edition Frame...broken. Help!

spanglmd

Oakley Beginner
First post, hope someone has some suggestions.

My frame across one of the eye sockets is completely snapped in half, rendering the facial part of the frame useless. The earstems are fine but the lenses need replacing.

These are long since discontinued and the person on Oakley's repair hotline couldn't seem to help me. Is the grey Science Editions frame color interchangeable with any other fuel cell colorway Oakley has produced? Or does anyone happen to have a frame they would be willing to sell?

Thanks,

Mike

There is a guy in the exchange section who is selling a pair.

I believe the team usa fuel cell is matte dark grey also. You may be able to use that frame for it but not sure its the same exact color.

Thank you for the suggestions.

The history text frames are gloss which wouldn't really work well with the matte frames.

I think the Team USA ones are close, but not the exact same color. I think they are a lighter grey.

I found out after receiving a pair of Team USA fuel cells as a gift that they indeed share the same frame color.

I wonder if I can try and convince Oakley service & repair to sell me just a frame?

I found out after receiving a pair of Team USA fuel cells as a gift that they indeed share the same frame color.

I wonder if I can try and convince Oakley service & repair to sell me just a frame?

Prob not but just buy a team usa for about 80-100 and youre set. Its worth the investment for the integrity of the science collection. I told u they were the same :)

Well i've persuaded Oakley UK to sell me two Monster Dog frames only. You don't try. you don't get. I'd be calling them & explaining what has happened. Offer to take photos & send them to them, tell them you only need the orbital section too.