1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. SC55

SC55 Oakley Expert

The wife and I are on a weekend trip to Myrtle Beach SC. We were shopping at Tanger and stopped in at Sunglass Hut the salesman says hey man you shouldn't be wearing those sunglasses. (I was wearing X squared Carbon/Ice) I said pardon he said those are Oakley X metal and people pay big money for those. I laughed and said yeah I have another pair of X squared and a Juilet with me in the truck. You should have seen his face. On a side note at least he knew what X metals are, I go in to some Oakley vaults and they don't know what they are. Just thought it was funny how he made it sound like someone was going to hold me at gun point for my Oakleys.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

That's actually cool. :D

Brian Nickell and supersharp like this.
  3. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

Actually, member @Ralph Marshall got mugged for his x-metals... The story's here:

http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/my-dealing-with-the-oakley-gang.31312/

4. supersharp

supersharp X-Metal Connoisseur Premium Member

This is truly a sad story. @Ralph Marshall, I know it was a while back, but damn that sucks. Did you ever hear anything further on this? My guess is no.

@SC55 I like the reaction you got. It seems that less and less employees recognize or ever care about anything walking into their store, other than making a sale. Def a good encounter.

lee.s.b, joecool862 and kronin323 like this.
  5. Oakster

Oakster Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

I would die to have the average sunglasses salesperson notice what sunglasses I was wearing. That's the number one thing I teach my staff... If someone is at the sunglass cases, compliment them or ask them how they like them. If you aren't sure of the style just stick to the brand.

Brian Nickell likes this.
  6. I had a similar thing happen at a Vault a couple years back. I was wearing an XX and the guy behind the counter asked what they were because they didn't look like Juliets. I told him a little about them and he asked to see them. He made a few comments about how clean they were, frame was tight, everything looked like new. Then he said that he thought there were worth quite a bit and I should put them up somewhere instead of wearing them. When I told him those were my daily wear pair he about flipped and said he couldn't believe how good of condition they were in and asked about how I care for them. It was a pretty cool experience with me getting to share a little knowledge and someone else getting to see something from before their time with the company. Aside from that I could wear a ski mask into an Oakley store and people wouldn't notice.

Brian Nickell and supersharp like this.
  7. Oakster

Oakster Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

We should use this as a thread or start a thread and use it for POSITIVE sunglass buying/shopping experiences. Everyone likes to pile on when it's terrible but are less likely to talk about the good ones. I love hearing great staff stories!