1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Dragbike425

Dragbike425 Oakley Enthusiast

I just bought a Gearbox off C/List. Flawless condition in original box, etc. The watch was in a display case with the crown unscrewed to save the battery.
    I set the time, pushed in crown until it clicks. The online manual states to push the crown and turn it clockwise, until it tightens I assume.
    I can't get the crown to tighten either way I turn it.
    I have Minute Machines and a Hollowpoint, so I am aware how it feels when it tightens.
    Am I missing something here or do I have a broke watch?

Any help would be appreciated.
    motoGP_fanatic likes this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Duke Nivram

Duke Nivram (Something Clever)

you might have a damaged crown
  3. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

I do concur.

Gotta love Craigslist.
  4. OakleyTrader15

OakleyTrader15 Oakley Collector

This is not uncommon with the gearbox crowns. The crown itself is fine, it's inside the case that fails.
    the bad news is, this requires a full case replacement. It shouldn't, however the way Oakley handles is by replacing the entire case.
    motoGP_fanatic likes this.
  5. CrazyALee

CrazyALee Oakley Collector

From experience it seems the titanium cased ones have a crown issue more than the stainless steel ones. Its the thread inside the crown that were stripped on mine. From what you are describing (OP), it sounds like the crown threads or the case threads are stripped. You can still adjust the time, and push/pull the crown for the battery saving feature, but the screw down feature is gone....