• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Gen 1 Frogskins

Alg7

Oakley Beginner
Hi I am new. I have been a long time collector since MTB early days. Initially bought eyeshades then two pairs of frogskins in late 1980s early 1990s from only oakley dealer in Edinburgh at the time Edinburgh bike co-op. Both pairs have metal hinges black Matt frame the "f" white Oakley flat logo but neither pair has Japan marking. Can anyone confirm if all gen 1 had Japan as the glasses are genuine as much as I bought them new from official source. My research suggests not all did see http://www.o-review.com/forum_detail.asp?ID=10714 however I would like views from the experts. Yes I am selling them to fund life ! Had them on e bay but I am concerned not to mislead any collector. Happy to post pics.

I had a few pairs of Gen 1s (sold them all) and yes, they all had "Japan" on the inner ear stem. However, the stamp tended to fade (wear out) over time. So most likely if you are sure that yours are genuine, most likely the Japan stamp simply wore off ...

i have a few gen 1s myself. some dont come with japan stamp. its weird. some were pressed into the frame others were printed on. so yeah... as long as things like the hinge, the "f" the logo on the side are correct. you most likely have a gen 1 pair.

Thanks guys. I do not recall the Japan however I last used them on regular basis 20 plus years ago. At the time in Edinburgh there was only one dealer. Must have been their best customer eyeshades frogskinsx2 bladesx2 square wires x1 etc Oh and prescription black iridium e wires !!!

Back