1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. jiveSEVEN

jiveSEVEN I Should Work at Oakley...

Does anyone use any aftermarket lenses for their metals? I've seen Linegear lenses and they are pretty pricey, even pricier than the official oakley lenses. They look cool as hell though. Anyone have experience with any of these?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

I have a few pair but not line gear.

3. Cknyc

Cknyc Oakley Beginner

does anyone know if lens from walleva on ebay any good?
    i like their lens and earsocks combo but im afraid they might not offer good quality lens..
    someone please leme know...

4. xInZax

xInZax Gascan Addict

VL and Exovista make decent lenses. When I did own a Juliet a year ago, I replaced the lenses with Exovista Ice lenses. Only complaint was that they smudged up a LOT. May be different now since its been more than a year. They were also thinner I think...Line Gear may be good though since its from Japan! Really pricey!

5. jiveSEVEN

I saw those too but I'd stay away, they seem too cheap!

Yea I had VL before never tried Exovista....Linegear lenses look tempting though hmm...

6. subysti2007

subysti2007 Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

i bought some of the linegear lenses and they are pretty cool...they fit perfectly.

7. jiveSEVEN

great...yea the lenses they make all look pretty damn cool! which ones did you get?

8. bmwmz3

bmwmz3 Oakley Beginner

I have Walleva and VL lenses, I like the VL lens colors more than Walleva (green against green, red against red). I will say that either company's lenses are noticeably thinner than the OEM lenses, so I doubt they have the protection that Oakley is known for, but for me (non-Military/police/fire), they're a great alternative. The colors are just as vivid (IMO), and significantly cheaper, but I don't know how the longevity of the lenses are, as I've only started recently purchasing the aftermarket stuff. I plan on buying some more lenses for my other X-metals as funding permits.

On a side note, I have a couple of pairs of Samvette's for my Half and Flak Jackets, they're also nice. I'm considering purchasing some Samvette's for my Radars.

9. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

i have a samvette radar lens, works well

10. subysti2007

subysti2007 Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

I got the green jade for Juliet's and x squared... I will get the blue ones as well