• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Good Things Happen To Good People

Figured this was the right place to thank the forum rather than starting a new thread. Anyways,

I wanted to thank everyone on the forum, both in general (this is truly an awesome place full of good people), and as a result of the outpouring of well wishes after mentioning I had been going through Lyme disease treatment. I would like to sincerely thank everyone who messaged me wishing me a quick recovery. I was truly touched that people would go out of their way to contact me over my illness (Lyme sucks, but it is very treatable and I shouldn't have any permanent repercussions from the disease, which can occur when it has festered in an individual without diagnosis for a long period of time, my dad has permanent heart palpitations he takes meds for the rest of his life due to Lyme disease that went undiagnosed for about 6 months). You guys have helped give me the mental stability to keep pushing through with the very rigorous treatment.

As an update I am almost a week into my month long treatment with dioxycyclin, and am still going through the worst of the treatment (the antibiotics actually exacerbate the symptoms of Lyme, so you feel worst before you start feeling better). I did have my best night yet last night and am hoping I am now on the road to at least feeling better. Again thank you guys, this is truly a place filled with some of the better human beings on this planet IMO, you guys give me faith in humanity and are a testament to the good qualities found in humans!

Figured this was the right place to thank the forum rather than starting a new thread. Anyways,

I wanted to thank everyone on the forum, both in general (this is truly an awesome place full of good people), and as a result of the outpouring of well wishes after mentioning I had been going through Lyme disease treatment. I would like to sincerely thank everyone who messaged me wishing me a quick recovery. I was truly touched that people would go out of their way to contact me over my illness (Lyme sucks, but it is very treatable and I shouldn't have any permanent repercussions from the disease, which can occur when it has festered in an individual without diagnosis for a long period of time, my dad has permanent heart palpitations he takes meds for the rest of his life due to Lyme disease that went undiagnosed for about 6 months). You guys have helped give me the mental stability to keep pushing through with the very rigorous treatment.

As an update I am almost a week into my month long treatment with dioxycyclin, and am still going through the worst of the treatment (the antibiotics actually exacerbate the symptoms of Lyme, so you feel worst before you start feeling better). I did have my best night yet last night and am hoping I am now on the road to at least feeling better. Again thank you guys, this is truly a place filled with some of the better human beings on this planet IMO, you guys give me faith in humanity and are a testament to the good qualities found in humans!
I had no idea! Glad to hear that you are recovering, nonetheless.

get well soon bro!!

3 months later ...

So how ya doing?

:)

I agree with the statement that this thread is all about. I am going through some tough times myself at the moment, and even though I have good people around me who listen, it seems at times no one understands. I know I am good person, for all the help I have given others even in my own times of need, and know there has to be something good on the other side of this mess... You all seem like pretty cool people here, glad I found this place!

Last edited:
I agree with the statement that this thread is all about. I am going through some tough times myself at the moment, and even though I have good people around me who listen, it seems at times no one understands. I know I am good person, for all the help I have given others even in my own times of need, and know there has to be something good on the other side of this mess... You all seem like pretty cool people here, glad I found this place!

You know something bro that's exactly the way I feel about this place. Let me tell you something, karma always pays us back, now whether it is in a negative or positive way is dependent upon how you pay it forward to other people. Even though I've only been posting on here for a few days now I've been reading this forum for over a year ever since I started collecting, and I constantly get the vibe that yeah if I need to lean on someone I can do it in this forum. Every time I go to my local oakley vault I also get awesome vibes there. Of course we all go through hard times blessings to Jim Jannard for starting such an awesome thing. When I first introduced myself on here I had a very warm welcome and I plan on staying for a very very long time to come.

Back