• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Grail 2 From 2 Of 2012

Tavers

I am Jim Jannard...
It's just past the halfway mark of 2012 and I've been able to buy the two items I listed as big purchases of 2012. First up was the White 12 Gauge.

And this just in! The Aluminium C-Six. What a piece of beauty!

Neither could have been completed without the help of a good friend in the US.

C-Six.jpg

Attachments

• C-Six.jpg
    C-Six.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 171
  • C-Six.jpg
    C-Six.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 174
It's just past the halfway mark of 2012 and I've been able to buy the two items I listed as big purchases of 2012. First up was the White 12 Gauge.

And this just in! The Aluminium C-Six. What a piece of beauty!

Neither could have been completed without the help of a good friend in the US.

C-Six.jpg
Congrats that is a show stopper!! Wear them well!!

Attachments

• C-Six.jpg
    C-Six.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 162
  • C-Six.jpg
    C-Six.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 168
Thanks guys! What an effort to get them.

Saw them listed on eBay. Seller had 2 listed and had feedback from sales of other C-Sixes and various other Oakley's, so I thought I'd be fine.

I had to get help from a friend because the seller wouldn't send internationally. So the bid is placed and we "win" the item. I transfer the funds so it can be paid for.

The seller then cancels the auction. We question it and we're told "The item was damaged in transit" So I have my friend advise the seller to let us know when they're repaired so we can pay for them and get them on their way. The seller never replies. We figure he got a better offer and decided to sell them off eBay.

About 2 weeks later my friend gets a package sent to his work. It's the pair of C-Six's from eBay. The seller contancts my friend advising it was a mistake and to "return them, or pay up". So I told him to pay the guy. Afterwards my friend notices the damaged lens. So we send them into Oakley and he gets them repaired for a fee and sends them on their way to me.

They're on their way, I check tracking as I've spend extra on Global Priority Express. The package ends up back at my friends office. Apparently it needed an extra form submitted. (Not my friends fault!) So the poor guy has to go into the post office to submit this and resend them.

As you see, I now have them and it wouldn't be for my friend who I owe a lot to. It's been quite the journey. But a piece like this needs a story!

Back