1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. littlemac1013

littlemac1013 Oakley Beginner

Hey all. I am joining b/c I love Oakley, period. I have been a serious collector for a couple of years and have been getting more serious each year. Finally tallied what the collection is worth and I think it is time for some insurance (or therapy). I love the unique products and build quality that get attention.

I am also getting active on the forum b/c Oakley just LOST my MINT condition Stealth Timebomb (with a serial number) and White face GMT (favorite daily wear watch) on the return trip from their tune-ups. I wasn't happy about that at all. Tried to replace the Timebomb via eBay and got a product not as described and am sending it back. Hopefully I'll be able to find some replacement products.

Some people just don't get the addiction. I love not wearing the same things as other people and Oakley products stand out. I think I love my watches the most but a few of my shades and shirts get compliments too. I have a small display case that I mounted with LEDs and it is full. I have a 6 foot display waiting for me at home after I return from being overseas. Can't wait to fill that one up. Anyway, have to get back to our newborn that is waking up now. Look foward to the forums. Thanks.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. washi me sensie

washi me sensie The Oakley R┼Źnin

Konichiwa littlemacsan! Youkoso oakleyforum! too bad you lost some of your wathces bro! but im sure you would replace them!

3. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Welcome to the forum!

I'm very curious, what was done to reimburse or help you out with your loss? Were you compensated or just told that you were out of luck because shipping company messed up?

4. CarGuy

CarGuy Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

How's life on The Rock these days?
    Been to the Castle lately?
    And welcome to the forum!

5. jiveSEVEN

jiveSEVEN I Should Work at Oakley...

Welcome man. I lived on Oki for 3.5 years. The politics there for military suck now though so it isn't the best place to be. I do miss Cocoichibanya, Yoshihatchi, and the fried butter fish place outside of Gate 3!

6. littlemac1013

littlemac1013 Oakley Beginner

They gave me the original MSRP for both that bought me my Minute Machine and Holeshot 10th mtn ed. But nothing can replace a brand new Stealth Timebomb. I'm guessing they recouped their loss from the shipping company so it wasn't that big of a deal. But losing the TB that was almost new with a serial number sucks. It was my first Oakley watch and by far my favorite to show off. Now I am going to have to go out of pocket to attempt to replace that one, it is going to cost me.

7. jiveSEVEN

jiveSEVEN I Should Work at Oakley...

My friend is going to Oki in August. What is that all-you-can-eat curry place by the seawall called?

8. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Wow, at least you managed to recoup for the value but you're right, it is impossible to truly replace what you had. Happy to see you were compensated but sad about that loss.

Who knows? Maybe the package will someday turn up and you'll get those back? Just wishful thinking. ;)

9. C.Wied

C.Wied Oakley Enthusiast

Are you in the service and stationed in Okinawa?