• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Half Jacket Interchangeable lenses.....

Truth

Oakley Beginner
Hi All!
Just purchased another pair of Oakley Half Jacket 2.0's.
I thought the standard lenses, after reading into it, on my first Half Jackets (model 009144-17 Polar White with Black Iridium lens) would fit into my new ones no problem (model 009154-33 Silver with G30 lens).
Neither are XLJ so I am confused as I thought any standard or XL lens would fit any Half Jacket frame other than XLJ frames?
Go on, some one point out where I am going wrong here? :headbang:

Cheers

Send photos if you can. Maybe you aren't trying hard enough. I know that sounds rude, but I don't mean it that way. Have you interchanged the Half Jacket 2.0 or Half Jacket 2.0XL lenses before?! They will definitely fit. Trust me I do it almost every day, even with RX lenses! If you haven't changed these out before read the flyer again that comes with the replacement lenses.
Again I know it sounds wrong but they will work between the two models you listed. Sometimes one frame may be just ever so slightly tighter or looser than the other (or lenses, or whatever). This shoudl even out after a few times changing and switching them. Remember to take out nasal side first when removing lenses. Also Remember to put temporal side in first when reinstalling.
Did you get it yet?

Spot on mate, you weren't being rude! A bit of brute force WAS required!
Thanks for the push mate :dance2:
I will keep practising switching them about I think and practice......
Well happy with the new Halfs....... :)
Have a good weekend and thanks for the advice.

Back