• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Half Jacket XLJ vs Half Jacket 2.0 XL?

Post a pic of your frames and I can tell you right away.

So I'm curious @Oak Heel, Couldn't you just tell me how you would tell what kind of frames I have from looking at a pic? Sorry, I just didn't have any way to take and post a pic of my frames when I started the thread, but I would think you'd just be able to tell me how you would know by looking at them so I then would know myself... Kind of like @Zax did.
Thank you for your input though, any input is usually better than none.

Half Jackets are smaller, with angled arms. Half Jacket 2.0 is pretty small too, but the arms are a bit bulky and the O icons faces upwards

View attachment 459577 View attachment 459578

Not entirely sure on the lenses honestly. Not a fan of the HJ 2.0

Thank you @Zax that definitely helps because I thought the Half Jacket 1.0 had the logo facing upwards also. That little section of the frames seems to be about the only distinguishing difference at all whereas the Flak 2.0 are completely different than the Flak 1.0 and are easy to tell. So I guess I have the Half Jacket 2.0 frames then, but I actually really like them.
As far as the lenses of the Half XLJ and the Half 2.0 XL, apparently there is a micronic difference in size (please see pics I uploaded from a guide on the Revant Optics site) but the shapes are pretty much exactly the same and impossible to distinguish unless you have one sitting right on top of the other.
Regarding the size difference between the Flak 1.0 and the Half Jacket 2.0, I find that comment odd, as I said I really like the Half 2.0 frames and they fit better and are larger than the Flak 1.0 frames that I have. I actually have to take the nose piece off of my Flaks so they don't sit up by my eyebrows... Idk, maybe I got stuck with a pair of Asia fit Flak frames...?

Half Jacket 1.0 Lenses-www.revantoptics.com-2018.04.11-15-12-14.png

Half Jacket 2.0 Lenses-www.revantoptics.com-2018.04.11-15-16-18.png

So I'm curious @Oak Heel, Couldn't you just tell me how you would tell what kind of frames I have from looking at a pic? Sorry, I just didn't have any way to take and post a pic of my frames when I started the thread, but I would think you'd just be able to tell me how you would know by looking at them so I then would know myself... Kind of like @Zax did.
Thank you for your input though, any input is usually better than none.

Well, @SoulSnatcher, I was just having a quick check of the forum before work and didn't have time to write up a good answer for your question. Normally, I wouldn't have even replied to the thread until I could write up a proper answer, but you were complaining about having 18 views and no responses. Therefore, I gave you a quick reply with the intention of following up later.

Another distinction between the HJ 2.0 and Half 1.0 is that the HJ 2.0 has a singular rubber earsock that kind of wraps around the arm. The Half Jacket 1.0 has two separate rubber components on each arm, one temple piece and one earsock.

I'm not sure how to definitively tell the difference between Half 1.0 and 2.0 lenses. I prefer the Half 1.0 and don't have any 2.0 lenses for comparison. However, I've always heard they aren't interchangeable so there must be some difference. In fact, there is a well respected custom lens cutter on the forum who experimented with fitting a HJ 2.0 lens into Half 1.0. The Half 2.0 lens had to be trimmed down to fit. I'm not sure why the Revant chart is showing them as being the same size, but I believe there is a difference. Also, if you check the Revant video below at around the 1:30 mark, the narrator says the HJ 1.0 and 2.0 lenses aren't interchangeable.

Regarding your Flak, does it have a sku inside the arm ending in the letter J? This would indicate that it is Asian Fit. Some older Flaks don't have a sku though. Maybe you have the larger nosebombs installed.

Latest Posts

Back