• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Half-X arm won't open as far as the other arm

Clay

Oakley Expert
Putting lenses into my newly acquired polished Half-X frames, and I noticed that one of the arms only opens about 75% of what the other arm does. Its a noticable difference.

I compared it to another half-x I have and both arms move exactly the same distance when opened up all the way.

I took the screw out next to the lens (not the hinge screw), and with this screw out the arm will open normally. Put the screw back in, and its like the arm on that one side is bound up, like its hitting something.

To help explain this better, it would be like taking a XX and putting a 15 T-shox one one side, and a 50 t-shox on the other. ;)

Anyone have any suggestions? these are brand new oakley frames and brand new oakley lenses.

Last edited:
Same with mine i dont want to force it im afraid i might break it i did an experiment taking the the screws on the stems and hinge putting it back on was a disaster big mistake no wonder a lot of members dont like half it sucks.

Look closely.....youll find it....

im still not seeing it.

I went to check my 'purchased from the o-store' pair and they woked great, then I checked the screws and one (on the same side I might add) wasn't even screwed into the other side of the frame. So I started it, and how that pair does the same freakin thing. Im thinking frame misalignment.

Miss alignment is a factor here i installed a ruby on the other pair worked perfect still the earstem Play not thesame. When i installed a pair of emeralds on the second frame it was a pain when i installed the lenses the screw does not line up with the grooves it was difficult then when i installed and tighten everything up the earstem play is totally off i guess these half x are really a design flaw oh well..

Latest Posts

Back