1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

Since its a Holiday and I am not in the office today, I figured I would finally get around to modding some lenses for my X Metal Half X. I am not fond of the factory lenses because they seem too long and touch my cheeks. So I figured I would try a new lens shape in the frame, I had few spare lenses to mess around with for shape so he is round 1.... I don't believe anyone has tried this yet, but if you have or at least thought about it, chime in.......Ooooops the second photo I didn't pop the lens all the way in on the left, but it did come out perfect. Now I just gotta decide on my final color .....

Half X Modded Lenses...Update: Round 2 Final Cut - equmu7uh.jpg
    Half X Modded Lenses...Update: Round 2 Final Cut - ahy5aded.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. nalong86

nalong86 Oakley Beginner

Never tried it but that looks great!

3. jayn

jayn Oakley Beginner

I like those!

4. InfiniteHero

InfiniteHero Entrepreneur Premium Member

Great Idea, Lenses are fairly hard to come by and this is a nice addition

5. Razerwire

Razerwire And then there was X...

How much shorter are those lenses compared to the originals?

6. xmetalmaniac

I would say much shorter more then a 1/4 inch.... better contours right up to the frame too... looks much more aggressive now... Thinking about making just a few more changes before cutting the final lens.....

7. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

XInzax did this a year ago for the same reason. ive been considering it as well but no spare lens.

8. xmetalmaniac

I spent some time with different contours and figured I found what I liked. Since the first set of lenses I tried were a knock off, I pitched them and went straight to modding the OEM VR28. I spent a few minutes extra on the finishing of the lens edge also so it would look factory.... I will say that they came out perfect! Good coverage and no more cheek touch. I just ordered OEM Ice lenses for my final pair.... Half X Modded Lenses...Update: Round 2 Final Cut - e9equqap.jpg Half X Modded Lenses...Update: Round 2 Final Cut - 9a4y5ary.jpg Half X Modded Lenses...Update: Round 2 Final Cut - ne8eva5a.jpg Half X Modded Lenses...Update: Round 2 Final Cut - 8y8e2uty.jpg Half X Modded Lenses...Update: Round 2 Final Cut - ryryzu2a.jpg

9. Razerwire

Razerwire And then there was X...

How do you get the edges so durned smooth?

10. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

i would say fine grit sandpaper would do perfectly for edges. im thinking of modding myself a pair as well- but in a more "XLJ" shape.