• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hello from Atlanta

vagabundo94

Oakley Enthusiast
Hey, folks - just found this forum a week or so ago. Had no idea it existed but I'm glad I stumbled onto it.

I bought my first Oakleys (Frogskins) around 1988. Had Oakley Thermonuclear Protection stickers on several binders and my school locker in High School at that time.

Bought my next pair of Oakleys about 10 years later, in 1998. A pair of Juliets. I remember really struggling with the idea of spending that much money ($249? I can't recall the exact price) for a pair of glasses. But I then wore them practically every day for the next 9 or 10 years. I did send them back to Oakley for a refurbish job once or twice. Stopped wearing them when they again needed that refurbishing job and I was disappointed to contact Oakley and be told at that time that they no longer offered that service. That's when my Juliets went into a dresser drawer and have sat until now.

But - at some point in the early 2000's, I had bought a backup pair of X-metal glasses. XX's. I continued wearing them after I could no longer wear the Juliets, until they too were so in need of refurbishing that I had to put them next to my Juliets in my drawer.

I elevated my spending when I walked into an Oakley store and saw a pair or Pitboss glasses for the first time. Bought them and really enjoyed them. Wore them for a few years until an unfortunate canoeing incident in the Chattahoochee River. Those glasses are either at the bottom of the river to this day, or made their way downstream and made somebody's day, while I struggled with an overturned canoe.

Bought some Conductor 6 glasses a couple of years ago and have used them these past 2 years, but have put up with scratched lenses that bother me for much of the past year, and so I bought a pair of Badman with prizm lenses which are now my daily sunglasses. I know about the hinges and prospect of of them not holding up, but I really like how they fit. I plan on pick up a second pair as a backup for the inevitable day I can no longer wear my existing Badman glasses.

And now I'm in the process of refurbishing my x-metal Juliets and XX's. Picked up some lenses here on the forum recently, and X-MAN has finished up refinishing them and they have been shipped back my way. I've shown them to my 15 year old son, and was shocked to see they are still of value, and plan to give them to him as soon as I get the new lenses into them. At least, the Juliets. I'll start wearing the XX's again.

Again - very glad to have stumbled upon this community. Who knew?

Hey, folks - just found this forum a week or so ago. Had no idea it existed but I'm glad I stumbled onto it.

I bought my first Oakleys (Frogskins) around 1988. Had Oakley Thermonuclear Protection stickers on several binders and my school locker in High School at that time.

Bought my next pair of Oakleys about 10 years later, in 1998. A pair of Juliets. I remember really struggling with the idea of spending that much money ($249? I can't recall the exact price) for a pair of glasses. But I then wore them practically every day for the next 9 or 10 years. I did send them back to Oakley for a refurbish job once or twice. Stopped wearing them when they again needed that refurbishing job and I was disappointed to contact Oakley and be told at that time that they no longer offered that service. That's when my Juliets went into a dresser drawer and have sat until now.

But - at some point in the early 2000's, I had bought a backup pair of X-metal glasses. XX's. I continued wearing them after I could no longer wear the Juliets, until they too were so in need of refurbishing that I had to put them next to my Juliets in my drawer.

I elevated my spending when I walked into an Oakley store and saw a pair or Pitboss glasses for the first time. Bought them and really enjoyed them. Wore them for a few years until an unfortunate canoeing incident in the Chattahoochee River. Those glasses are either at the bottom of the river to this day, or made their way downstream and made somebody's day, while I struggled with an overturned canoe.

Bought some Conductor 6 glasses a couple of years ago and have used them these past 2 years, but have put up with scratched lenses that bother me for much of the past year, and so I bought a pair of Badman with prizm lenses which are now my daily sunglasses. I know about the hinges and prospect of of them not holding up, but I really like how they fit. I plan on pick up a second pair as a backup for the inevitable day I can no longer wear my existing Badman glasses.

And now I'm in the process of refurbishing my x-metal Juliets and XX's. Picked up some lenses here on the forum recently, and X-MAN has finished up refinishing them and they have been shipped back my way. I've shown them to my 15 year old son, and was shocked to see they are still of value, and plan to give them to him as soon as I get the new lenses into them. At least, the Juliets. I'll start wearing the XX's again.

Again - very glad to have stumbled upon this community. Who knew?

We did?

Welcome

Welcome and glad you were able to get back to enjoying your Oakleys. I talk to so many people who just move on from a pair of expensive sunglasses because the lenses are scratched. I point them to a bunch of different places that they can get either OEM replacement lenses or aftermarket and they are shocked.

Welcome aboard! I’m glad I was able to help with the lenses.

Random fact: your screen name is vagabundo and the Vice President’s daughter’s rabbit’s name is Marlon Bundo.

That’s a lot of possessives!

Back