1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Tomcat14

Tomcat14 Oakley Enthusiast

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Lexkempo

Lexkempo Frog Fanatic

You'd need a better pic of the outside of the lens ... Because it does look like Daily from those angles

3. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

I would think the seller should know what lens he is selling. But I agree with Lex as it looks like daily.

@saulsaul has worn Prizm Maritime enough though so he knows what it can look like through that lens.

4. saulsaul

saulsaul Oakley Expert Premium Member

Hard to tell. Could be daily could be maritime. Need to see front surface to tell. Maritime is very Jade-like from the front.

OakleyFrankFMJ likes this.
  5. saulsaul

Here you go. Prizm maritime. Happened to be wearing it today.

Help identify this lens - image.jpeg Help identify this lens - image.jpeg Help identify this lens - image.jpeg

6. saulsaul

Does anyone know for sure what transmission the maritime is? Feels to me on the darker side for Prizms. Perhaps 15-18%?

7. Oak Heel

Oak Heel Oakley Expert Premium Member

Hi Saul, I purchased a Prizm maritime fives squared after reading your reviews in your thread. I love it! Great high contrast lens to look through and greener than Jade!

I was also wondering about the light transmission since it's not listed on the o-review. I did find a third party oakley retailer, which lists it as 19%. Seems about right to me and in line with what you were saying.

Link:
    Oakley SI Chainlink PRIZM @ TacticalGear.com

saulsaul likes this.
  8. saulsaul

Glad you like it as much as I do!

19%? It could well be. But being Polarized and with quite a lot of reflection (iridium) compared to other Prizms, feels darker to me. But yeah, slightly darker than Road which I think is 20%.

Oak Heel likes this.
  9. Oak Heel

Oak Heel Oakley Expert Premium Member

@saulsaul
    I agree, it does feel a bit darker. It holds up much better in bright light than the prizm shallow, which is rated at 21%. Like you said, I guess it has more iridium and glare reduction.

Either way, an amazing lens! And of course, I don't know how reliable that source is, just the only info I have found.

Last edited: 8/4/16
  10. Tomcat14

Tomcat14 Oakley Enthusiast

It's not green when i look at it that was the first thing i noticed because i have seen pics on maritime and noticed the green. But i´m going to take some pics in a day or two