• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help with lenses choices

rkduq20

Oakley Beginner
Hi, im putting together a set of fuel cells that are going to be matte black with the grey tonal american flag icons and a pair of matte black batwolfs with the american flag icons. Im trying to decide which lenses to get for them. Emerald, violet, or ruby iridiums. Thanks for the help. Im leaning more towarda the violet or ruby but not sure which i would like better. Not leaving out the emeralds tho.

Heres the batwolf frames. I need to paint the fuel cells yet

20141123_110307.jpg

Krylon fusion camo ultra flat black. I wet sanded the frames with 1500 to remove the polish then washed them with dish detergent then wiped down with mineral spirits then wiped down with ammonia based window cleaner. Then painted 3 light coats. Let dry for 3-7 days without touching them. they look great now intrested to see how paint holds up to sweat and body oils.

"now intrested to see how paint holds up to sweat and body oils"
Yes, me too. They look great I hope they hold up. your prep sounds good. I hope the paint is durable.

Its got good reviews from people using it on gunswith very little prep work so we will see. The frames were cracked same with my fuel cells thats why im deciding to paint. If this doesnt hold up well may look into hydrodipping.