• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help With Removing Pit Boss Icon

David F

Oakley Expert
Southeast
Hi guys, first let me start by saying I searched more than once for this but couldn't find anything. If you happen to know of a pre-existing thread then please post the link.

So I'm thinking I just want the icon on my pit boss 1 a different color. I'd like to try removing them myself but can't find how. Any help? I see what look like pins in the back of the ear stem but don't want to start pushing on things before I get some info. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the response. I've read that thread, actually showed it to the store I purchased my pb2 from because it had a loose plate. I guess I thought because the pb1 was elite, it would be different.

I also did mine, I remove the icon of my pitboss 1 and painted it.. I preheat first with dryer/blower then when its hot, I pop it out with my nail..

they actually do better semi cold. Heat softens the tape, but it also causes it to stay stuck to the frame/plate instead of the icon, so you tend to screw it up worse...a small flat screwdriver is all you need, or a stiff fingernail. Pop one side up and work around quick...if you see the tape lift, stick it back down and work the other side, or grab some tweezers and gently peel it up and re attach to the icon...No big deal. Or go drop $50 on a roll of 3M tape like I did for replacing the sticky...damn pricey, but oh man, equally as strong if not stronger than the OG tape used. Also, a pointer for those who can't get em re stuck with the old tape still attached....Use a cotton swab and some lacquer thinner to rub on the tape surface a bit. Don't get crazy, you aren't trying to remove the stuff, but a light rubbing will make it nice and sticky again...

USPS shows they are delivered now. I will look into this prob this weekend. If I need to send them to you Ill be sending the box to be done too.

Back