• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Herbsley's HIJINX COLLECTION

The Murrays are probably one of my least favourite pairs, which is why I changed the icons on mine.

Having said that, they are still pretty easy to find. I think Shade Station might still have them in stock for example.

Edit: actually, just checked. They sold out. Still, keep hunting. They are not that rare to find these days.

OK, so I've had the "Super F" icons lying around for a little while now, and finally decided what to do with them.
I figured I couldn't just match up an ordinary lens with them - they had to be different - to be "SUPER".
It struck me the other day when i was complaining about the murky weather and loads of snow we've been having recently - it needs to be Shallow Blue Polarised.

They are not available as Replacement Lens Kits, so had to buy another Jinx. (haha yeah I know, what a tragedy, eh?). A quick phone call to Dan (the Man) at Shade Station at 4.10pm yesterday to make an order, which <GET THIS> arrived at my house at 10am this morning. Now that's FAST service.

Popped home at lunchtime to pick up and make the icon swap.

Anyway, I humbly present to you . . . . The Super-Power Jinx.

From this angle, you can just see the base colour here and the mega polarisation -
picsart1359035005140.jpg

Now look at the difference between the violets/blues other people see when you are wearing them - versus the base colour you will be seeing thru them.
picsart1359034942137.jpg

Drove back to work in them this afternoon. I know these were designed for fishing and water-based sports/recreation etc, but man these lenses are superb for snow driving too. Good high contrast, and you can really pick out surface areas such as ice etc.

Regular readers will know how much i rate the Amber Black Iridium Polarised in my Oil Drums. Well, it seems I now finally have a rival in my Jinx collection.

Thanks mate.

It's a really interesting lens, the Shallow Blue.
I might try it in some of the other Jinx colourways too, just to see how it looks . . . .

Back