1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Mike Packard

Mike Packard Oakley Beginner

I've been a member for a while, but I don't think I've introduced myself here yet. I live in Utah and do all kinds of outdoor sports. I worked in outdoor retail for years where I sold Oakley and a bunch of other brands of eyewear. I always thought "Yeah, Oakley is nice, but SO expensive". Then I started working for Oakley at the Traverse Mountain Vault store a couple of years ago. Of course I had to buy a pair then. My first pair of Oakleys were Straight Jackets, black frames with G30 iridium lenses. Then I got it. Yeah, they are expensive, but totally worth it! The optical quality, the design, the comfort and the pure performance of Oakley eyewear totally won me over.
    I've bought and sold, traded and given away quite a few pair since then. I'm trimming down my possessions in general and I own about a dozen pair now. My favorites for everyday wear and sports are Radarlocks and Flak Jackets. The G30 iridium is still my favorite lense. I've also got some sweet vintage Oakleys: 3 pair of Juliets, a pair of Romeo 2 and the Michael Jordan OO E wire.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Mike Packard

I guess that was a pretty long intro. Anyway, I just want to say hi and I appreciate all the great info and ideas here on the Oakley Forum!

3. Funky-Trixtar

Funky-Trixtar Me ,some time ago............. Premium Member

Greetings.

4. Mike Packard

Thanks, Funky-Trixtar. Nice to hear from Kent, England. It's been over 20 years since I was in your town, but the ale was awesome! Jennings Bitter was my favorite.

Funky-Trixtar likes this.
  5. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

6. sOuLfUlFoRg

sOuLfUlFoRg Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

:welcome:to the forum

Mike Packard likes this.
  7. Mike Packard

Oh, I'm also in the market for a couple of custom cut lenses. G30 iridium for Juliets and something for my Romeo 2.

8. Dieseltech

Dieseltech Oakley Expert Premium Member

:welcome:

Mike Packard likes this.
  9. jbrash512

jbrash512 Oakley Enthusiast

:welcome::welcome:

Mike Packard likes this.
  10. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Welcome to the forum!

Mike Packard likes this.