1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Bubba

Bubba Oakley Beginner

Does anybody out there have tips or tricks to hide the scratches that are unfortunately present in some of my shades? Didn't know if there was a way to "polish" them out or just some way to sort of hide them? Just picked up a used pair that I am glad I could rescue from someone that was clearly not an Oakley enthusiasts, so I can now take core of them and give them a loving home haha..any advice is appreciated

Thanks!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Lumbergh

Lumbergh Oakley Enthusiast

Buy new lenses. The fine coating that make up the lens just get ruined if you try to polish them.

TexxxZ likes this.
  3. InfiniteHero

InfiniteHero Entrepreneur Premium Member

Replace the lenses, but maybe , maybe using a little Rain X might fill the hairline ones in. If they can be felt by a finger nail then no, replace.

4. Mr X Metal

Mr X Metal Oakley Enthusiast

I've never had any luck in that regard. I always wind up having to replace the lenses.

5. Bubba

Bubba Oakley Beginner

I was afraid of the information I would get! To replace lenses...scratches don't effect vision so these will be my every day rough and tough pair I don't have to worry about

6. JamieLampert

JamieLampert Oakley Enthusiast

New lens day. I have never had any luck trying to fix the scratches

7. Bubba

Bubba Oakley Beginner

If I can find a cheap set of polarized lenses for these jupiter squared glasses then I may replace the lenses but I don't want to pay fill retail for a set because the frames are no where near perfect either