• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hiya need help and info on fixing nosebridge pins

Blaserpro

Oakley Beginner
Hi ya all need some info , my 15 year old juliets have extra loose nose bridge but only on one side , so i been reading allot , is there a easy way changing those without scraching my juliets ,they are old but like new , so i dont wanna put first scrach on them .

I seen that press linegear have and i saw really small press but dont know where to buy that small one. Line gear press is to expensive i need money for x squared , i really really need them lol i feel like a junky .

I seen difrent pins one with that ridge and one without , do i get with ridge or without. Oxm parts have set pins with ridges and full rubber jacket flex couplers , now linegear have pins without ridge so anyone with more experience changing those please help how to get them out safely and put new in thanks in advance .

Hi ya all need some info , my 15 year old juliets have extra loose nose bridge but only on one side , so i been reading allot , is there a easy way changing those without scraching my juliets ,they are old but like new , so i dont wanna put first scrach on them .

I seen that press linegear have and i saw really small press but dont know where to buy that small one. Line gear press is to expensive i need money for x squared , i really really need them lol i feel like a junky .

I seen difrent pins one with that ridge and one without , do i get with ridge or without. Oxm parts have set pins with ridges and full rubber jacket flex couplers , now linegear have pins without ridge so anyone with more experience changing those please help how to get them out safely and put new in thanks in advance .
Look no further than here...
The X-MAN Custom Metalworks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Man i am across the world , i can do it my self but need info on benefits and faults on that ridged or smooth pins orginal oakley pins have that ridge , that small pin press that i saw cant be expensive its like 1.5 inch in size

The press may not be expensive but if you don't get everything lined up correctly when you 're pin you cam damage the nose bridge and then it becomes very expensive

Man i am across the world , i can do it my self but need info on benefits and faults on that ridged or smooth pins orginal oakley pins have that ridge , that small pin press that i saw cant be expensive its like 1.5 inch in size

If you buy the pins and the press and pay to have them shipped across the the world. Then you take a chance you can do it, and you screw them up (if it was so easy everyone would do it) really bad. Then what? Don't be penny wise and dollar foolish. Send them to someone who has done it hundreds of times.

Last edited:
Lining it and pin it back is easy i am worried obout taking it out , and nobody is saying witch pins should i get oxm kit or linegear , i seen some done with smooth pins and they slowly come out by them selfs .

Lining it and pin it back is easy i am worried obout taking it out , and nobody is saying witch pins should i get oxm kit or linegear , i seen some done with smooth pins and they slowly come out by them selfs .

All pins are high quality. Oxm has that notch where it kind of snaps into place. Look up reviews for yourself and you’ll see. Either way you can’t go wrong with either pins. If you’ve seen pins come out by themselves then the homes have been damaged hence the pins slide out. Unless the pins were not to specs and were too small. I personally would send them out to get done, that way you can sleep at night knowing they aren’t going to be damaged.

Buy the pins and the press. Pay to have them shipped across the the world. Take a chance you screw them up (if it was so easy everyone would do it) really bad. Don't be penny wise and dollar foolish. Send them to someone who has done it hundreds of times.

That press for me cost 150 bucks delivered ,my damn country have 25% tax + 10% for everything thats not shiped from eu ,for 200 i can get used juliets .

And that press will use it once and it will collect dust after . I asked in diy discusion for help obout pins and small press nobody helping obout what i asked .

I wanna do it my self i am electrotehnician i fix stuff for the living and i dont have money to trow away . Damm eu forbidded heating and hot water furnaces i currenty have , my broke down and winter is coming i need to repurpose my chimney ,new furnace and instalation of new condensing furnace damn 3000-4000 bucks damn vaillant will get billions of dollars whole damn europe needs to change them.

So i wanna do it cheaper thats why i came here if i wanted to do it with linegear press i would not be asking here.