• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How long did it take you to find a display case?

The_Future

Oakley Enthusiast
I have been searching for double wide for quite a while, been close but no cigar to date. How long did it take until you found your case? Seems like the hunt will be half the fun :)

Took me about 3 months actually...but I have to do a lot of work to it to get it up to my standards but I'm looking forward to adding a little flavor of my own to the case!

Took me four years
They were never close and the ones that were worth driving to get, were sold before I could get to it or thru the roof on price and not worth the effort.

I finally bumped into a fellow O guy at the Ostore and we exchanged numbers and he asked me what I was in the hunt for and I dropped the double wide search on him. Turned out his buddy had one and he offered to go get it and deliver it.
I didn't get a perfect case or the best deal in the world...but I'm glad to finally have one.
It feels respectable now! Lol.

Awesome stories! I have been looking on and off for several years. Oddly enough I just recently came across this site as I have dedicated my search and decided to broaden my searching zone. I have the odd lead, but hopefully something comes my way as I finally completed the renovations to my office and hope to add the elusive piece.

I've had my hands on 3 in my time collecting. In 2 years I think it has been. Mostly luck has been in my favor. I've also had several close times to where I missed out by a few moments.

Took me about a year to get lucky on a single tower and a small countertop unit. Got them both at really good prices. Could have paid much more for one that is local but way too much and he still has it for sale... Over 2 years later

I looked for about a year before I found mine on Craigslist. The guys post was horribly done and very vague on details, so I ended up getting a pretty good deal because he wasn't getting much interest. :)

Not long - maybe a week or two...

But actually getting it, somewhat of a dilemma...

Back