1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

Tags:
  1. BigRich

BigRich Oakley Expert

I would love to own flak jackets but they are just too short on my face. I have a pair of half jackets and bottle rocket which are good but I would like something taller to come down further on the face. I have seen talk on the fast jackets being the taller choice. My question is it significantly taller, as in will it be a good fit for the big man?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Mr X Metal

Mr X Metal Oakley Enthusiast

Not sure if this helps you. But half jackets seem to fit me a little small. Fast jackets are slightly large. Flak jackets fit just right. I can tell a noticeable difference between all three. It's surprising to me that the half jacket and bottle rockets fit you fine, yet you feel that flak jackets are too small. Flaks are noticeably larger than both of those styles in my opinion.

3. Rusty M

Rusty M Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Have you tried the XLJ lenses?

Mr X Metal likes this.
  4. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

I'd just go for a Radar, personally. I'm not much of a fan of the style and colors of the Fast.

BigMikeFromOleMiss likes this.
  5. BigRich

BigRich Oakley Expert

I actually have a pair that I love. I can live with that.

6. Teddy DuChamp

Teddy DuChamp Oakley Beginner

It's the frame of the conduct so light so comfortabl

7. Teddy DuChamp

Teddy DuChamp Oakley Beginner

I have a pair they are bulky...at least compared to the js signature

8. BigMikeFromOleMiss

BigMikeFromOleMiss Oakley Enthusiast

plus 1 on this. I have been checking out the Radars lately and I am about to bounce on a pair. The style is awesome!

9. BigRich

BigRich Oakley Expert

I suppose I should clarify what I meant by "fine". I like my bottle rockets and half jacket but would prefer it if they were taller, but they are acceptable. The bags under my eyes peek out beneath a little. :) Now I apparently have the wrong impression on they Flak XLJ as I did not realize they were that tall. I thought the standard Flaks were the smallest of the jackets. It is difficult to tell online. Perhaps I need to do some more homework and hit SGH to actually try them on. I like the Flak jacket style and would be happy if they are well sized.

10. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

I'll take a look in my photobucket archive tomorrow and see if I can't get a half/flak comparo set

BigRich likes this.