1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. rmontez

rmontez Oakley Expert Premium Member

I have a friend staying at the Intercontinental Hotel on Michigan Ave in Chicago so I send her to the Oakley store down the road a few blocks to pick me up some stuff. On her way down she said a car came speeding down the sidewalk and crashed into a restaurant. Apparently the driver had a heart attack. I'm so glad she was able to dodge the car and still get to the Oakley store to pick up my stuff!!!

I Almost Lost A Good Friend Today All In The Name Of Oakley!! - 547E3540-5E8F-485D-B148-E9DA3D44ADA1_zpsbovy4xms.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Damn.....damn.............DAAAAAAAAAAAAMN

3. i am rich

i am rich The Silly Collector!

What a story. Ain't that some stuff.

4. atrain

atrain O-Forums Boss of Bosses

LOL im shocked she still went to the store after almost dying!! Good friend for sure!!

5. Ecko

Ecko Team RamRod Staff Member Premium Member

Wow. That is impressive she still went to the store after that brush with death.

6. rmontez

I told her I was glad she got out of the way so I didn't have to order my stuff online. She just laughed.

thisguy, IUSTEVE and atrain like this.
  7. spin_nin

spin_nin Oakley Expert

Very fortunate to still be around. Traffic downtown is always pretty hectic, but having a heart attack behind the wheel is something else entirely. I'm sure your friend has a new appreciation for the life she is living. Very nice of her to go to the O store for you, for sure, in the first place.

8. JayMann

JayMann Oakley Collector

You should have said to her it didn't happen without pics!!… Only jockeying glad your friend is ok

thisguy likes this.
  9. JetIntakePort

JetIntakePort Oakley Beginner

Whoa!!! Glad she is ok...

10. rmontez

She's a trooper. She knows how bad I really feel about what happened and I honestly don't think I could forgive myself if something bad happened to her because of me asking her to do me a favor. I did ask her if she took pictures and she said no, I asked her if she went and helped and she said no. I asked her if she would go back and get me the iPhone switch case and she said yes. lol.

JayMann likes this.