• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I got bit... or licked ... or somethin' :S

Lexkempo

Frog Fanatic
Montreal - South Shore
For all you TL: DR peeps, skip to underlined text in bottom

For the first time ever today, i decided to try on a pair of Froggies ... AND the wife was around :(
She had just bought a pair of polished white/g30BI Commit SQ and i was feeling mad jealous.
When i tried them on, we both said the same thing ... WOW! They actually look good on me!
TBH i was surprised ... never though myself to be a Frog guy ...

Long story short, i balked on em ... the local O Store had the aquatic series, summit series, IH and customs available too... but the price (155 + 15.9% tax) turned me off honestly ...

But that was it ... i was BIT! I wanted em ... ANY!

Withing 5 minutes, I was already surfing the forums looking for better deals, but nothing stood out right then and there.

A couple of hours later, it was still eating away at me ... on the way out we passed a 'going out of business store' (Hot Fudge?) and it said Oakley in the window ... so i gave it a quick peek.

All Oakleys were 40% off!!!

They didn't have much, a couple Jawbones, Eyepatch 2's, Flak's and FROGGIES!

They had a couple of Antifreezes, the crystal grey with +red iridium and two Acid Tortoise's...

The green w/Emerald were quite sweet but the arms were VERY loose and my wife was only Meh when i put them on.

But the Acid Blue are AWESOME! I got them ... 105$ tax-in!!!!

ACID BLUE TORTOISE FROG SKINS = MINE!!! I LOVE EM!!!

Last edited:
Congrats! Frogskins can be a slippery slope. This one definitely will not be your last. There was a period last year that I was buying quite a bit of them and then stopped cold. Now I am back to snatching them up if I see something I like.

Acid Blue are very nice. I just picked up the Acid Pink w/BIP ones that were recently on the Vault. They are sweet.

No Vaults within a 4-5 hour drive around here ... And no access to US sites or the Online Vault ...but I'm blessed to have 2 O-Stores and the Canadian HQ within a 30 min drive ...

So I take my deals when I can get em ...

The Frogs just seem to fit...simple ...casual ...Classic looking ...the tortoise blue frame and blue iridium lenses can mix with almost all clothing ... I think they'll be my in a pinch grab and go pair for a while ... While the lenses are definitely not sport or driving worthy ...they're more the lounging-like glasses...

Great story man! Yeah once you start with the frogs you can't stop. Frogs can get away with just about any occasion. Good luck on your hunt for more!

Many thanks, but my 'hunt' is on stand-by for a while ... Slowly but surely because I ain't rich ... AND I'm going to need more case space ... :p

My small xmetal counter top is getting a little full...

I hated frogskins before I started collecting. when I bought some backlight pairs from a member here I started to love them! post some pics bro and nice story!
I'd love to post all kinds of pics of my purchases ... I just hate signing up to stuff online and knowing they have my pics ... (No Facebook either)

Edit: Maybe I'll come around :p

yeah once you start you can't stop. if space is the issue just leave them under the visor in the cars. its what i do so i always have a pair or two to choose from. Glad you like them. those are pretty sweet and a sweet deal for sure.

Lexkempo, try using tinypic.com .. no sign up required. just dont post pics of yourself or personal info and youll be fine

141tph3.jpg
Ohhhh... That's awesome ... Lemme give it a try

Back