• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I had to pull the trigger on a few things...

so what is the Torch like? whats the differences from Ruby? i guess i'm asking because pictures don't always capture what they really look like in person.

They are a similar to Ruby, but seem to have a higher light transmission. Looking through them is similar to +red, a neutral base with a lighter iridium coating. The color is close to Ruby, but is more consistently red. There are purples and oranges, just less variation than you typically see in Ruby. You can see your eyes through the lenses in the right light (I know this really matters to some). They will be good for lower light conditions, however they don't have the old school deep ruby red look of the Prizm Torch goggle lens.

Heh, there's nothing douchery about Rubyalikes.......
Don't get me wrong, I like them. The matte clear frame just looks kinda close to white...:behindsofa:

They are a similar to Ruby, but seem to have a higher light transmission. Looking through them is similar to +red, a neutral base with a lighter iridium coating. The color is close to Ruby, but is more consistently red. There are purples and oranges, just less variation than you typically see in Ruby. You can see your eyes through the lenses in the right light (I know this really matters to some). They will be good for lower light conditions, however they don't have the old school deep ruby red look of the Prizm Torch goggle lens.

Don't get me wrong, I like them. The matte clear frame just looks kinda close to white...:behindsofa:

And whats wrong with white?........to me it's an imporant colour to use. It can be worn to great effect. Just know your colours.

i want turbines and triggerman...just got tincan carbons though. not sure how many sunglasses i need for the winter.

Back