1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Tunney Prime

Tunney Prime Oakley Beginner

I remember seeing the Time Bomb on the oakley website in 1998 and thinking it was just about the coolest watch I'd ever seen. Alas, not many 16 year olds had $1500.00 laying around...

fast forward to an hour ago, and I now have my personal holy grail. Despite it looking a little goofy on my slim wrist, I'm pretty freakin excited today. Got a great deal on the bay. some minor signs of wear, but still holds a charge and has brand-new unobtanium pads, replaced last august (came with service slip). Serial # 001875F.

Can someone confirm how many links the band should have total? this one came with 8 segments on each side. The auction didn't say anything about missing links, but i only had to have 1 removed from each side for it to fit snugly, which was fewer than i was expecting.

thanks!
    I Remember When I Was 16... - photo2.jpg
    I Remember When I Was 16... - photo1.jpg
    I Remember When I Was 16... - photo.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. reggavegga

reggavegga Oakley Expert

I guess you know it is kinetic right? You will have to wear it for a while to get it to keep good time. I never wear mine anymore,when you know u r gonna wear it put it on hours earlier to get it going.

3. Tunney Prime

Yeah, I know. we'll give it a week of daily use and and see how it goes.

4. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

Xmetal with Ti face. thats the one i been wanting...

5. kennethekotto

kennethekotto Oakley Enthusiast

Mine has 6 links on one end and 4 on the other. Serial #000689

6. Tunney Prime

I looked at some other pictures of time bombs in new condition and it turns out this one is missing 4 links. I contacted the seller to refund me $25.00 (quite reasonable since links have been going for $20/each on ebay) and he said

"All the PRE-OWNED items we list are auctioned exactly as received .Some are with or without boxes/cases/bags/manuals/books/ paperwork.....We do not take links out or add links to any of the items or alter the condition of the items.As a PRE-OWNED item the previous owner might have taken the link or links out.That is why they are PRE-OWNED. All the items are sold with full detailed pictures.Thank you"

There was no mention of links having been removed in the auction, but there was a picture of the watch, which had 9 segments on the left side and 8 on the right. The one I received (same serial as the pics) had 8 segments on each side (new ones have 10 each side). Dunno if it's worth pursuing. opinions?

7. oakleyman2424

oakleyman2424 Oakley Enthusiast

If you got a great deal on it then why pursue it? The auction never mentioned extra links or anything so I don't think the seller is at fault. Obviously a used watch would have been sized to the previous owner right?

8. Tunney Prime

That's what I was thinking after reading his last message. I guess it depends on whether you consider the links that weren't included as extra, or as part of the original product, like the box, which he mentioned the auction did include. Since everything else in the description was detailed, I just wish he would have mentioned the links. Still a good price.

Good thing i have skinny wrists. :)

9. oakleyman2424

oakleyman2424 Oakley Enthusiast

Awesome score man.. I was about 16 also when I first saw the Timebomb.. and I still would love to have one!

10. Tunney Prime

Yeah, i just keep waking around looking at it. Almost walked into a parking meter today. :)