• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ice, Fire, Or Jade Iridium

wilkie18

Oakley Expert
Maine
Which one do you guys think is the best when wearing. I am looking for a lens that may be good on a cloudy day with some sun poking through. I have worn fire and emerald before ( i really like emerald but they don't make for splits) any help from you guys would be great. Which would be best if it was sunny or should i just go black iridium in that case

I love jade Iridium. It's a good overcast lens just because it's not super dark. It sharpens things up pretty well though. I think the deal with jade though is mostly an aesthetic thing.

IMO +Red is the better comparison than fire because ice and jade are more closely along the lines of neutral-inclined tint. Fire has a very different tint.

Ice has minor blue touches in the actual tint, +red takes that further in the interest of contrast and let's in more light. I generally find ice as my preferred alternative to black iridium, so it's my bright day/casual selection. +red is my sport lens, and is more versatile with light.

Jade iirc has this weird violet tint, and I really can't figure out the practicality behind that other than it working similarly to a blue tint, but...different. Looks cool on the outside though.

Vaguely remember trying fire but it runs on the green side so plants and grass kinda become less distinguishable, while reds and browns sorta pop more.

I have used all of those colors in jawbone or split jackets and I like jade the best for all around usage. They look great and do well in nearly all lighting conditions.

Fire is good too but the tinting is more noticable when looking through the lens.

In my opinion, ice iridium is the best lens made by oakley. So gonna go with it. It's great for sunny days, cloudy days or hazy days. Works great in all lighting....ruby would be a close second.

Latest Posts

Back