• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

If Oakley made your 'Signature Edition' . . . .

Yes it is a bit "flashy" but if I were designing anything signature it would have to stand out. Sounds like you agree.
I'd have gone Ruby for the lenses. But I see what you're doing with the colorway.

When Oakley make it, I'll just buy it and swap out the lenses.

I'd have gone Ruby for the lenses. But I see what you're doing with the colorway.

When Oakley make it, I'll just buy it and swap out the lenses.

If I were limited to only colors Oakley has produced in the past or current. I would have gone Ruby lens and changed the crystal red in the frames to crystal blue.

The more I think about this this is a really cool concept. Giving an Oakley enthusiast a chance to design their own signature set. That would be a great contest to win.

I've been trying hard to think of a good M Frame one.

What I'm thinking currently;
Pro frame 2.0 - same shape and fit, but done in nanOmatter with true metal icons from the Racing Jacket that can be swapped from the underside of the 'wing' and holes for the newer strap kit
Matte black with black rubber (same rubber kits)
Icon sets - team yellow, matte black, American flag, subdued American flag
lenses are black iridium polarized - heater derivative with the newer anti-fog treatments and small vents, squared off corners, nosebombs from the Alpha, nose vents from the Slash

Ok Frank, since you zombied this thread I'll oblige with my second signature edition:

This edition would require Oakley to come up with a "transparent metal" for a customized pair of Juliet frames with hammer stems.

We'll call this version the Juliet T-metal :rolleyes:

All rubbers would be clear silicon like the nose pads on wire frames and these would be rounded out with Ice lenses.

Ok Frank, since you zombied this thread I'll oblige with my second signature edition:

This edition would require Oakley to come up with a "transparent metal" for a customized pair of Juliet frames with hammer stems.

We'll call this version the Juliet T-metal :rolleyes:

All rubbers would be clear silicon like the nose pads on wire frames and these would be rounded out with Ice lenses.

Transparent aluminum actually exists these days. Google aluminium oxynitride.

Or, for the trekkies out there, from 3:00 - 3:45 in this clip...

Back