• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

IH Juliet, Can You Tell?

TheWannaBe

Resident Lurker
Premium Member
O Universe
So I wanted to know if there is anything about the IH Juliet that would make it stand out from other Juliet's? For example what's to say someone could just get a plasma frame, toss some IH lenses in it, and the rubbers, score a coin and paper and sell it as an IH? Without the box and label on said box can you be sure the IH Juliet is authentic? This might not be the right place to post this but I would like to know.

Also not really the best place for this but what would you value a IH Juliet that comes with everything except the box? Glasses, coin, poster ect.

Thanks!

Apparently you can do that there is an etching on the real ones left arm as far as i know mine does that match the box but nothing that will stand out from the rest in my opinion the ones that stands out are the ichiros complete of coarse the first release xmen juliets first gen, thats just me though but its a good qlternative as infinitehero can deck you violets lenses even polarized as the ichiros and first rubys are exclusives and cannot be duplicated.

Apparently you can do that there is an etching on the real ones left arm as far as i know mine does that match the box but nothing that will stand out from the rest in my opinion the ones that stands out are the ichiros complete of coarse the first release xmen juliets first gen, thats just me though but its a good qlternative as infinitehero can deck you violets lenses even polarized as the ichiros and first rubys are exclusives and cannot be duplicated.
Could you post a pic of the marking? And any idea on value (without box)?

Without the box with purplr rubbers cross etching id say 350 thats wbat would i pay for it thats just me.

IH Juliets are from the 5th gen, so the left arm is marked with the SKU and size info. IH SKU is 24-308.

I paid more than someone in the US would probably have to - I have one used and one BNIB pair.

Also the IH Juliet came with a loose nosebridge, hence the saying "it is IH loose". I have three IH Juliet's BNIB. They all are original and all have the same flex in the nosebridge. When compared to a carbon BNIB, the nosebridge is tighter. We did a comparison awhile back and everyone concluded that the nosebridge came loose. Not floppy loose but it has some more then normal flex

Thats because they rounded off the square shape on the orbitals, no support for the already squishy rubber inside.first gens are square and dead sharp, fith gens are almost completely radiused, cant explain it.....it just is

Thats because they rounded off the square shape on the orbitals, no support for the already squishy rubber inside.first gens are square and dead sharp, fith gens are almost completely radiused, cant explain it.....it just is
I wonder why they did that? Seems like the sharper design would have a longer functioning life. Perhaps they count on the tune up business and that's why they went with a less robust design? Wish I knew more about it...

Thanks for working on my Romeo 2.0 BTW! Can't wait to get it back :)

i dont think oakley knew the rubber was going to fail,i dont think they even thought of planned obsolesence.i think as the dies got older the tight features dissappeared or some newby spent too much time in the buffing wheel in that area.