• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

IH Perfect X Metal Preference

CarGuy

Finally got rid of the default title...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
XMM has a cool thread on his growing IH XM collection. That got me thinking and instead of derailing his thread I figured that I would ask here instead.

I like the IH Juliet but I believe that it could have been a way more interesting colorway- which would have increased cost and lessened probably the per pair donation to a great cause- and we wouldn't want to do that.

Which leads to a 2 part question:
What would have been the "ultimate" IH X Metal colorway/ frame combo? I guess that we should stay with last run line-up so Juliet and XS only here.
And #2, would it have brought the additional retail expense to cover the costs of what would surely be an upgrade?
Such as, hammerstems cost more to produce than straight. (Which is pure conjecture BTW) Add $10 to original IH Plasma Juliet for this change.

I'll go first:

Juliet Tio2 with hammerstems and polarized lenses.

Let's say a $20 increase over the original $370 retail- because TiO2's were $10 less than Plasma, hammers cost $10 too and for polarized allow for $20 more.
So $390 to keep the foundation contribution OK too. At that price I'd buy that unique item.

What do you think?

I'd buy that.

I think mars would look good with IH lenses and rubber. I'd pay crazy money for a limited edition of that.

I have a original IH juliet and one where I switched everything into an X-Metal Frame. Personally I would have made it that way, X-Metal Juliet Frame with the violet and purple. The Carbon customs I have seen look ok but I think everything looks better in an x metal frame than it does in carbon.

There was a mars custom on ebay not long ago with violet lenses although for some reason the seller put red ear and temple shocks on it. Not sure what he was thinking. had it been purple rubber too I would have bought it.

I'd bet Oakley was already in the process of discontinuing their X Metal lineup. Plasma and Carbon were probably the last colorway batches they were going to do. This theory would probably coincide with the 51 sets of Carbon paired with the Timebomb II's that were put up. I don't think it was a matter of cost of how they could've made it "better". I think it was just more of what they had left and what they could do with it.

Here is a nice Polished Carbon/Positive Red with blue rubber kit......

blue02t.jpg

Too bad it's a three-fer:

8031805890_b4afbf5f73_b.jpg

Latest Posts

Back