1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

Tags:
  1. vthokie1050

vthokie1050 Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

I just purchased my first pair of Ikon lenses . I have to say I am really impressed with their products . They are very clear and crisp. The other aftermarket lenses I have tried are very dark but these are not. I will be purchasing more from them. They look really good in my plasma Juliets .

Ikon lenses - IMAG0608.jpg

Ikon lenses - IMAG0606.jpg

Stanleybb50 likes this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. SecretNinja

SecretNinja Oakley Expert

My favorite of all aftermarkets. Nice glasses, look great.

3. G. Christopher Lyn

G. Christopher Lyn Oakley Beginner

I would love to try some, but there site seems to be down and has been down for awhile. Besides ebay, not sure how to get them.

4. Ch3no2

Ch3no2 Oakley Beginner

I have have very good results from them. Fit seems better than some others out there. I'm running a pair of their lens's in a pair of Badman's and I have no issue's with the fit or the polarization. So far I have only been able to find them on eBay, fast shipping I will say.

Stanleybb50 likes this.
  5. vthokie1050

vthokie1050 Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

I got mine from eBay. I think Ikon joined the forum if I'm not mistaken .

6. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

7. G. Christopher Lyn

G. Christopher Lyn Oakley Beginner

That's great, any estimate of when the website will be back up? Ikon people?

8. Stanleybb50

Stanleybb50 Oakley Expert

Since Frank already brought @ikon lenses, gives me a chance to ask why no aftermarket lens companies seem to make any CONTRAST lenses that aren't flashy?

Something like a VR28 BIP, or a Tungsten Iridium Polarized, or Titanium Iridium Polarized, or just something with contrast that isn't just Bronze, or a flashy lens... Like contrast with an standard type of iridium.

Is it hard to do? Or expensive? Why do I never see any? This is the one reason I will pretty much always stick with Oakley lenses.

**Please correct me if I'm wrong, or give me more info on your lenses if I am missing something.

Thanks!

9. Stanleybb50

Stanleybb50 Oakley Expert

Or maybe even just use the standard bronze base (or rose/Bronze) with a black mirror or half chrome applied, which would end up similar to a Tungsten or a Titanium Iridium from the Big O.

Just some subtle contrast even on a blackish or slightly mirrored lens would be excellent.

Last edited: 1/3/16
  10. NoFair

NoFair Oakley Collector

Ikons 24K aren't that flashy and work very well (couldn't find OEM tungsten or titanium iridium polarized for my Split jackets so I had to go aftermarket) Pretty close to Oakleys Gold iridium that they used to have on their VR28 Gold iridium polarized. I agree about the lack of anything like VR28 and normal black iridium though. Not much except darkish bronze out there