1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. pennyhoney

pennyhoney Oakley Beginner

If you haven't been to the O store lately (within the last week and a half), then go and check them out. These new display is not even a case anymore as it is more of a stand. A somewhat pyramid stand if looking from the sides. It is completely open so there is a lot of dusting to do but it is also easy access from almost any angle. The LED lighting strip run on both sides of each shelf so it is pretty bright. The width is no wider than the single Spine tower and it does not tower over an individual even though it carries 5 shelves. The top shelf does not really hold much as there is a big backlit picture frame on the top. There is also no noticeable Oakley branding but there are subtle industrial hints in its over structure and aesthetics. I think my favorite part are the wheels/casters.

There is also a "solo" stand but it didnt really stand out much so I didn't take any pictures but if you look carefully on the very first picture, you will notice on the left.

Initial Thoughts On The NEW Display Cases - y8enyma9.jpg

Initial Thoughts On The NEW Display Cases - yra5ydyj.jpg

Initial Thoughts On The NEW Display Cases - qese7a7y.jpg

Initial Thoughts On The NEW Display Cases - e3yvate9.jpg

Initial Thoughts On The NEW Display Cases - bu2a9u3a.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Yeti

Yeti Frostmonkey Staff Member Premium Member

If it was a traditional case with that base I'd be desiring one.

3. Oakley Stephen

Oakley Stephen Oakley Collector

I don't personally like it just for the simple fact that its more of a nice shelving system then a case. Plus I prefer too be able to lock my cases when I go on vacations

4. Beancooker

Beancooker Oakley Enthusiast

It's pretty cool. I wouldn't trade my single wide for it, but it looks good. I think that they'll be hard pressed to create a case that is cooler than the aluminum/Lexan cases. I would like to snatch a set of those casters and put them on my single wide.

Thanks for taking pics and sharing.

5. pennyhoney

pennyhoney Oakley Beginner

It's almost like the spine without the plexi box. I would only consider getting one if the backlit frame is upgraded into an LED screen

6. Beancooker

Beancooker Oakley Enthusiast

I thought the backlit poster was an LED screen. lol

Dallas O Hog likes this.
  7. i am rich

i am rich The Silly Collector!

Lol thats what I thought too. Yea that would be badass if it was an LED screen playing Oakley videos. Or a camera projecting you to the LED screen (mirror effect).

Last edited: 9/9/13
  8. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

I would not be fond of that at all in my home. In the store it grants you more access though but with no branding which I did like I'm not feeling it either way.

9. rightcoastnj

rightcoastnj Oakley Enthusiast

Looks like my old cheap computer desk from Staples.. I like the big , ridiculous, heavy, metal cases

OOO likes this.
  10. GRFMotorsports

GRFMotorsports is an Oakley whore Premium Member

Saw one in the Hollywood store last weekend. Its ok, but think of the dust....