• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Introduction From Wisconsin.

rmontez

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Wisconsin
My name is Rene and I am from Wisconsin. I found this site while doing a search for replacement lenses for my Romeo 2's. To say the least I am very surprised to see the amount of people dedicated to the Oakley brand. Since I have been a teenager I have worn Oakleys, now 38, started out with frogskins and as I could bought my way into M frames. As an adult I have only worn X metal style Oakleys and I think I'll stick to this style. Reading all these posts makes me want to buy more Oakleys!! lol.

Welcome to the forum. Do you still have some of those vintage frogskins? We would love to see pictures of them.

Thanks everyone. Unfortunately I do not have any of my older Oakleys any more. I've lost more pair of Oakleys than I care to think about. My favorite pair now are my Juliets, I bought them about 14 years ago and have still them today. I have lost them twice where I thought I wouldn't find them again but got lucky. Once a kid pushed me off a floating dock while I was playing king of the dock with my boys and they flew off my head into about 8 feet of water with a mucky bottom. They sat on the bottom of the lake for a week before I was able to get back to the lake to look for them.

You would be an inspiration to one of our other members who lost a pair of his sunglasses in a lake

leaving them in the lake was pretty hard to do but there were 100's of people swimming all around. We were at a campground. When I went back the following weekend I went out at 4:30am when I knew no one would be in the lake and I started looking with long dives and feeling through the bottom of the muck with my feet. I searched for about an hour with no luck then the water was pretty stirred up so I just decided to make big sweeping movements with my hands and arms. just as I was about to give up I felt them hit the tips of my fingers and I had them back. The rubber was all corroded but that was a small price to pay.

Thanks for the welcomes.

Back