• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Is there supposed to be numbers, letters and a faint logo in the middle of my vision on my sunglasses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's about 45 degrees off to the side on either side. Every progressive in the world has this. In 23 years I've never seen a single pair without the engravings. It's actually 4mm below the line of sight and 17.5mm off to the left and 17.5mm off to the right.

This provides necessary information for a doctor or optician to verify the accuracy of your glasses. Without it we couldn't verify if your RX was correct with today's technology.

I'm not offended. Just giving yall information. Why would I care? I don't work for Luxottica, i don't work for Oakley forum, and i don't work for Oakley.

But ya, nearsighted people can see them. Far sighted people will need readers to see them. But they are there.
I for one don't doubt it has been there for 23 years, it still makes no sense to not put it at the very top or bottom, where there are customers that are annoyed by it.

Imagine what us OF members would say if Oakley started printing their O logo or "Prizm" right in the field of vision!

Pretty sure it quickly would become one of the longest threads on this forum.

I for one don't doubt it has been there for 23 years, it still makes no sense to not put it at the very top or bottom, where there are customers that are annoyed by it.

Imagine what us OF members would say if Oakley started printing their O logo or "Prizm" right in the field of vision!

Pretty sure it quickly would become one of the longest threads on this forum.
You can doubt it all you want. But doesn't change that it is a fact.

They actual do write "bike" on the cycling rx and "golf" on the golf rx progressives. So Again, just because you hadn't heard it or noticed it yet doesn't make me incorrect.
@Tom.
They just haven't started putting prizm on the rx in the field of vision. Only numbers, "o" logo and/ or the words bike, golf, not sure what the fishing one says - but i bet it says a word engraved in it.

They actual do write "bike" on the cycling rx and "golf" on the golf rx progressives. So Again, just because you hadn't heard it or noticed it yet doesn't make me incorrect.
@Tom.
They just haven't started putting prizm on the rx in the field of vision. Only numbers, "o" logo and/ or the words bike, golf, not sure what the fishing one says - but i bet it says a word engraved in it.
So in the field of vision there are numbers + "O" logo + Bike/Golf/Trout...... got it.

Okay then......feel bad for the poor nearsighted people that get a pair of these glasses.
They will go though 10 Oakley cleaning bags before they realize that this sh!t is not coming off.

🥹

That is equivalent to the O in the bottom corner and not the same as the original poster's issue. That is a brand mark, not a Rx verifier.
But that is what i am saying, imagine if all our Prizm lenses had the Prizm etched into the field of vision.

The Rx verifier should be somewhere else then in the middle of the lenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back