• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Jawbone Infa Red Fading???

tyler.carr.16

Oakley Expert
North Alabama
I have a pair of infa red jawbones and here lately they have been fading and white spotting. is there anyway i can either stop this from happening, repair them or just simply strip them white?

I have a pair of infa red jawbones and here lately they have been fading and white spotting. is there anyway i can either stop this from happening, repair them or just simply strip them white?

Sounds like a fake pair.
Could you upload some pictures?

And if you need any help identifying real from fake with Jawbones, I can usually walk you through it.

The real funny thing is that it hasnt broken the clear coat (if there actually is a clear coat) because there is no texture difference or signs of it being dropped or scraped.
IMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0239.jpg

that's not uncommon. The paint they use is a single stage paint (no clear coat), and it will wear off like that. Generally though, that is from either contact with clothing or a helmet or something. Most hair, skin, etc won't wear off the paint (unless it is some of the older Matte stuff). Do you hang your shades from your shirt? That would generally do it. I have friends who are in law enforcement and their shirts/vests eat up coatings fast! Sweat can do it as well, but usually that is from something more abrasive or acidic.

Back