• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Jawbreaker with a suit?

The thread title is 110 pct tongue in cheek- my question in general spoke more to does the JB look just insanely absurd if you're doing anything but riding something with 2 wheels- even for people who don't have an issue wearing whatever the heck they want. And I of ALL people- despite my relative mellowing in the last couple years- have no issue with that, both in part because when you're 6 foot 5, 240 I think you can pull off more especially if you carry yourself with confidence...but also in spite of that because in person everything you do, say and wear is magnified because you're already conspicuous by default.

That said, as both Litos and cyclerdoug point out- time and place for everything. When entering the unknown, someone else's "territory" professionally (even internally) or on neutral ground, it's always best to take it easy and play it safe. Once you're established, in your own domain or in the public domain? As far as I'm concerned, that's wide open- do whatever the heck you want. Even then, everyone has a different line. Frankly? Eh...there's not many frames I'd have an issue wearing with a suit. I'd say solid no's are anything Radar/Radarlock, Jawbreaker-for some reason anything shield I think can't be done with a suit (including the likes of the Batwolf)...but honestly that's about it at least of what I own. Pit Boss, most metals, Fuel Cells, Brooks- hell even the right colorway of a Jawbone I've worn with suits in known situations; I think one of the best looking frames in a suit is actually the Badman believe it or not...but that makes sense as I think most of us consider that a Wire and Wires are the logical go to for more formal attire.

Same debate about eyewear happens in other forums about watches of the bigger and bolder variety about what you can/can't or should/shouldn't wear- and at the end of the day (outside of the play it safe scenarios), I personally ascribe to the "to each their own", wear what you like, who gives a **** about anyone else approach. :spiteful:

So I guess at this point it's a matter of picking a colorway and deciding to take the leap on the JB. I had a similar gravitation to the Jawbone for years but was hesitant for similar reasons...now I realize I was missing out and all my concerns were overblown regarding that frame.

The thread title is 110 pct tongue in cheek- my question in general spoke more to does the JB look just insanely absurd if you're doing anything but riding something with 2 wheels- even for people who don't have an issue wearing whatever the heck they want.
The answer is yes, they look absolutely absurd hahaha !!!

BUT, like you said, anyone at any given time can wear them if they feel like it :)

I think my Radar/RadarLock Path sets are as absurd as I personally get, but I typically only wear them when I'm going to a baseball game or when I rode my bicycle and motorcycle...

Back