• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Juliet Frames

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
All transactions need to be via PayPal G&S per forum rules as this protects both parties.

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
All transactions need to be via PayPal G&S per forum rules as this protects both parties.

Well, that's a shame.

Username Hidden said:
Nope. Initiate trace, if shown to have cashed and no goods were sent, you file a report with the Postmaster General, and they take over the legwork. Mail fraud is a big deal. Plus, you get the funds back as well.

As far as fake money orders, check the security features. Ben Franklin watermark, UV security threads in paper, security strip running vertically (just like large USD bills). The Post Office CAN verify if the MO is real or fake when you cash it (it is scanned at the time it is cashed, which is why cash it at the PO).

You can also verify it by phone immediately upon receiving:

Money Order Verification System at 1-866-459-7822.
I know how it works (in theory) G/L with that system actually working as you stated cause it DOES NOT!

Username Hidden said:
I know how it works (in theory) G/L with that system actually working as you stated cause it DOES NOT!

It has worked for me twice. I cannot speak for your experience, only mine. But academic only, since I will never support a company like PP.

Username Hidden said:
May as well delete since this thread became a ****show. :p
Here, here!
Since the OP will not use Paypal, it is only a matter of time.

Username Hidden said:
Here, here!
Since the OP will not use Paypal, it is only a matter of time.
His original post has been edited for payment anyway.

OP can ask for whatever he likes. It's the seller who will have to comply or not. Most will not.

Username Hidden said:
His original post has been edited for payment anyway.

OP can ask for whatever he likes. It's the seller who will have to comply or not. Most will not.

Which I thought was the whole point from the start.

Username Hidden said:
Which I thought was the whole point from the start.
Good luck though. I doubt anyone will be willing but if you do find someone then congrats. :)

Bottom line is the forum has rules. USPS has protection however it doesn't involve a third party escrow account. Based on this the buyer and seller may want to seek other options.

Sent from my X Metal iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.