1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. schenk

schenk Oakley Enthusiast

Hi guys,

Just wondering if oakley ever sold a slate iridium lens outside of the ichiro series for the juliets.

Thanks for any info!

Schenk

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. freakface

freakface Oakley Collector

I think they did but the juliets oem slate lenses are pretty rare now. I love slate iridium, it is my favorite lens. But really hard to come by unless ichiro (too expensive) or custom cut....

3. discostu

discostu Oakley Expert Premium Member

I picked up a pair recently without the Ichiro etching and are as far as I can tell, not a custom cut. Purchased from a reputable seller on the bay for a fair price too. I'd gladly do a swap for an etched pair!

4. schenk

schenk Oakley Enthusiast

Ah ok. Thanks for info guys. Recently was offered a pair of slate iridium lens without the ichiro etching and was wondering where it came from since I only ever saw the color combi on ichiros.

5. CarGuy

CarGuy Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

FWIW if it matters at this point yes unetched slate was a lens option. I had purchased a pair right before they were discontinued. I needed a right lens to restore an Ichiro so the lack of etching was not an issue.
    For those who desire them they can still be chopped from other OEM lenses.

6. discostu

discostu Oakley Expert Premium Member

That