• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Jury Hinge Repair

Might not want to use drill bits. They're very brittle.
good point. I am looking at dowel pins now. I miced the plastic hinge and it is less than 5/64" thick. Will need to use a 1/64" pin max. Also the arm has a subtle curve in it so the pin needs to be short. Need to put more thought into this. sighhhhh the best option may be a donor set

so in 2 seconds of carelessness I snapped the RH hing on my jury glasses. Reading and searching it seems there are no replacement parts or parts that can be modified to make work.

Soooooooo what glue / adhesive / epoxy have people had good luck with? Fortunately(I think) the break is approx 3/8" from the end so some of the stress can be transferred to the metal arm. Looking for any suggestions other than buying a donor set which seem to running low eighties now on ebay

thanks

I had the same thing happen ages ago, almost new. Luckily I hung on to them, as I have just found the perfect solution. The pin is, I think, 1.7mm thick. Body piercing bars come in various thicknesses, one of which is 1.6mm. You can buy in metal or plastic, and they’re relatively cheap. You can cut to size then glue it in.

I’m currently experimenting with using the thread (where they ball screws on) to screw the bar into the frames a bit, but obviously this can’t be done when it’s already the right length, but if you’re prepared to just glue it then this is a relatively cheap, readily available item that’s virtually the same size.

I had the same thing happen ages ago, almost new. Luckily I hung on to them, I’ve just found the perfect solution. The pin is, I think, 1.7mm thick. Body piercing bars come in various thicknesses, one of which is 1.6mm. You can buy in metal or plastic, and they’re relatively cheap. You can cut to size then glue it in.

I’m currently experimenting with using the thread (where they ball screws on) to screw the bar into the frames a bit, but obviously this can’t be done when it’s already the right length, but if you’re prepared to just glue it then this is a relatively cheap, readily available item that’s virtually the same size.

B688994E-ABA7-4563-933D-6EFA50C2CF04.jpeg

Back