1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Uluahunter

Uluahunter Oakley Collector

Okay, gonna try this thread again, but this time without calling out descriptions of what is wrong with the fakes. Since joining the boards, I've learned how to better spot fakes, but only for certain styles. What I'm really yearning for is a list of known fakes that currently exist. I started a thread before on the same subject, but we quickly realized that it wouldn't be a good idea to inform the fakers of what exactly is wrong with their foakleys, oakeys, okleys, etc. So, that being said, could we try and start a list?

Mods - If this thread still borders on territories that we don't want to touch, then please feel free to close this thread...again :sad:. Mahalo!

Here's a few fakes that I'm aware of so far...please feel free to correct me if I may have mistakenly listed something, I'm still learning :biggrin::

- Juliet
    - Radar
    - Straight Jacket
    - XX
    - Gascan
    - Oil Drum
    - Oil Rig
    - Canteen
    - Frogskin
    - Pit Boss
    - Splice
    - Jawbone

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Jummeltje

Jummeltje Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

3. the piper

the piper Oakley Collector

Monster Pups

4. Oakleynerd

Oakleynerd Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Fuel Cell
    Hijinx
    Antix
    Batwolf
    Sideways
    Montefrio
    Probation
    Ravishing
    Betray
    Disobey
    Embrace
    Flaunt
    Speechless
    Dangerous
    Dart
    Tightrope
    Bottlecap
    Dispatch
    Felon
    Inmate
    Minute 2.0
    Half Wire
    Flak Jacket
    Half Jacket
    Square Wire 2.0
    Square Whisker
    Jupiter
    Holbrook

you can probably find from every frame a replica! sorry . . .

PS: Jummeltje please report this side to OAKLEY!!

5. Jummeltje

Jummeltje Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

@Oakleynerd. I report those ads every single day to the owner of the site allready, problem is that the guys wanna sell the fake ones just make
    a new ad everyday..

6. Oakleynerd

Oakleynerd Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

thanks man . . .
    i can't understand why Oakley not close this side. you can find those crappy replicas all over in the www

7. Uluahunter

Uluahunter Oakley Collector

Wow! Thanks for the replies so far! I had a bad feeling that majority of the frames had replicas or fakes in the marketplace, and now I see it's true. Out of the list so far, I see that all of the frames I own or want are on there. I guess I'll be addressing the boards more now, before I purchase...you never know, right? Thanks everyone for your inputs and knowledge!

8. Menendez1293

Menendez1293 Oakley Enthusiast

There are more and more fakes everyday and I see many of them on Craigslist so be careful guys non of us want to get burned

9. Mickle

Mickle Oakley Beginner

So many fakes out there. I see them on eBay constantly. Went on a huge mission reporting a stack of them one night (was up for hours) but it seems eBay doesn't do too much about them at all!! Not a single listing was removed! So I also mailed a lot of the sellers through the "ask seller a question" section saying they're sunglasses are counterfeit and that it's illegal to sell these etc etc. got a few nasty replies lol! One person did actually remove all their foakleys! Felt a brief moment of satisfaction knowing I saved at least a few people from buying fakes!