• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

LE Soft Touch Frogskins

I've heard rumours that they'll actually be finished in a soft touch (somewhat rubberized, plasticky?) Fashion? Not sure how accurate that is I'm pretty sure I read that off another thread here. If that's the case that's probably why the prices are high.

As for availability last I checked, my store is expecting a shipment with them closer to Christmas, but I'm not sure what's going on with that

Saw the skulls/blue iridium in the vault today. Was kinda of disappointed because the pattern didn't look like skulls

What was the finish like? Was it anything different as implied by "soft touch"? Also why are they in the vault, I thought that was only discontinued/unpopular stuff...

What was the finish like? Was it anything different as implied by "soft touch"? Also why are they in the vault, I thought that was only discontinued/unpopular stuff...

Vaults get most regular releases also. Always have.

I was unaware of that. I've only done business with the vault online, there isn't a store near me unfortunately.
Wow, still not understanding the price tag then (assuming they're still $180 or whatever they were)

Update: I went back to look at the again and they had received the black/jade ones. They felt very rubbery compared to the skulls

I saw two of these (I believe it was the wispy one and the skull one) at the O Store in Farmington, CT. As stated previously the finish to the ear stems was nothing special. No special texture or anything different. The designs are done in a matte finish and as others have already stated, are very weak. The echo the sentiments that the skull design didn't really look like skulls. Well at least they named them right, their artists/designers took a very soft touch approach to the effort and creativity they put into this release IMO. Still better than some of the more recent frogskins releases minus the ridiculous price. I am going back to the store within the next week or so hopefully, will try to grab some pictures then!

Hopefully 2014 will bring some cool new frogs, the heritage collection looks to be at least a step in the right direction. Will keep my fingers crossed!