• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lens are peeling

ShaunF

Oakley Beginner
Hi All hope all is well , wondering if someone can help me my last 2 glasses my Lenses started to peel my current ones are the Gascan Gray Lens. When i spoke to the chap where i bought it he said it might be cause of hair Jell and not coverd by the warenty . I looked at him with a blank face cause i have been shaving my head for the past 35 years , and then he noticed that and said its still not covered . Can anyone tell me why this happend and how i can stop it from happing. Thanks

Hi All hope all is well , wondering if someone can help me my last 2 glasses my Lenses started to peel my current ones are the Gascan Gray Lens. When i spoke to the chap where i bought it he said it might be cause of hair Jell and not coverd by the warenty . I looked at him with a blank face cause i have been shaving my head for the past 35 years , and then he noticed that and said its still not covered . Can anyone tell me why this happend and how i can stop it from happing. Thanks
Delamination occurs, mostly when the lenses come into contact with sweat(body salt), hair gell and other grooming products: if it's not water or a cleaning product specific to the Oakley lens cleaner(cavit, most good quality lens cleaners should suffice), then do not use. If you do get anything other than mentioned on them, clean off as soon as possible with light soap and water.
Oakley lenses have allways been strong, against UV light, not anything actually to prevent the Iridium coating from getting stratched.

Unfortunately, its common on Oakley lenses.

The real reason are not know but the use of hair products, large temp swings, and just bad luck is normally what we blame.

I usually recommend using scotch tape to remove the layer by sticking it on and peeling it off. Otherwise Gascan lenses are pretty common and a new set shouldn't be hard to find.

Unfortunately, its common on Oakley lenses.

The real reason are not know but the use of hair products, large temp swings, and just bad luck is normally what we blame.

I usually recommend using scotch tape to remove the layer by sticking it on and peeling it off. Otherwise Gascan lenses are pretty common and a new set shouldn't be hard to find.
Nor should it be overly expensive.

Back