• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

MJ (need I say more)

XxRuMKaxX

I Should Work at M-Experiment
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
I don’t know how to explain how special and cool this MJ is that came in the mail today! I have collected for decades and even flipped a few pair of loose frames in the past but Mars never made it on my radar to collect until recently. Of course by being late to the game these come at a stiff price even at what he paid, no matter who you get it from, but this one, to me, is priceless!

I partially blame one guy here for getting me interested in Mars and no it’s not @Lopaka KaMars LOL! I have been friends with the seller for at least a couple years now and many nights were spent jousting back and forth with our Oakley knowledge and soon it turned to sometimes being an ear when needed for advice and I can honestly say we became friends even outside of the Oakley circle. Needless to say when he decided to sell down his collection so he could obtain more important things in life I knew I had to have his MJ. No other MJ would do for me because I knew he loved it and loved having it and to add it to my collection means I have all the memories tied into it! Ok I will turn the sap spicket off now.

So when the package was sent out priority mail Saturday with a Tues delivery date tracking never went beyond acceptance. Tuesday came and went, then Wednesday 😬, by Thursday we were hounding USPS from both ends with the same response… “we don’t know where the package is.” 🤷 so by end of Thursday depression was setting in with all the dark thoughts of how someone must have stolen something so special to both of us and it almost had a grown man in tears, then my alert went off on my phone and the box had scanned in my state 😁

Today I rushed home after work and couldn’t get the box open fast enough and to my surprise it was more of a care package than a shipped MJ. He gave me his custom MJ Mars face mask, goodies from the Philippines, lens boxes, CC tungsten prizm lenses, and spare clips! I can honestly say it made my heart smile! Thank you @Oakininam brother and friend! You know this will always be a proud piece in my collection! I wish this world had more people like you in it… I would like humans more if it did!

IMG_8135.jpeg

I don’t know how to explain how special and cool this MJ is that came in the mail today! I have collected for decades and even flipped a few pair of loose frames in the past but Mars never made it on my radar to collect until recently. Of course by being late to the game these come at a stiff price even at what he paid, no matter who you get it from, but this one, to me, is priceless!

I partially blame one guy here for getting me interested in Mars and no it’s not @Lopaka KaMars LOL! I have been friends with the seller for at least a couple years now and many nights were spent jousting back and forth with our Oakley knowledge and soon it turned to sometimes being an ear when needed for advice and I can honestly say we became friends even outside of the Oakley circle. Needless to say when he decided to sell down his collection so he could obtain more important things in life I knew I had to have his MJ. No other MJ would do for me because I knew he loved it and loved having it and to add it to my collection means I have all the memories tied into it! Ok I will turn the sap spicket off now.

So when the package was sent out priority mail Saturday with a Tues delivery date tracking never went beyond acceptance. Tuesday came and went, then Wednesday 😬, by Thursday we were hounding USPS from both ends with the same response… “we don’t know where the package is.” 🤷 so by end of Thursday depression was setting in with all the dark thoughts of how someone must have stolen something so special to both of us and it almost had a grown man in tears, then my alert went off on my phone and the box had scanned in my state 😁

Today I rushed home after work and couldn’t get the box open fast enough and to my surprise it was more of a care package than a shipped MJ. He gave me his custom MJ Mars face mask, goodies from the Philippines, lens boxes, CC tungsten prizm lenses, and spare clips! I can honestly say it made my heart smile! Thank you @Oakininam brother and friend! You know this will always be a proud piece in my collection! I wish this world had more people like you in it… I would like humans more if it did!

View attachment 1080537
Very Iconic piece of Oakley art, I love mine and feel they are the center piece of my collection. Congrats on the acquisition 🤩

View attachment 1080537

Congrats

And that’s a lot of words. 😎

Back