• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lens bubbles

Palmero

Oakley Beginner
My Turbine Rotor has started showing tiny bubbles all over the lenses, especially around the frame. These sunglasses are no more than 3 years old. I only use lens cleaner from optic shop and micro fabric to clean. Any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks.

I’ve had this happen seemingly randomly. I have lenses from the late 90’s that still look great and others that are newer that bubbled. It can be any chemical contact you may not notice, like sunscreen, hair products, bug repellent, etc. I have a set of x-squared that seemed to bubble on their own in a case for a year….

I’ve had this happen seemingly randomly. I have lenses from the late 90’s that still look great and others that are newer that bubbled. It can be any chemical contact you may not notice, like sunscreen, hair products, bug repellent, etc. I have a set of x-squared that seemed to bubble on their own in a case for a year….
Yeah, I suspected it would be some type of chemical. I wear them while biking and have used sun block.

Probably perspiration droplets combined with sum block as you suggest. It's disappointing, we pay good money for both style and (expect) higher quality. I may start using cheap no-name brand $8 sun glasses from Amazon while biking and driving from now on, and wear the Oakley's only on special occasions.

Bummer.

Does anyone have any suggestions, web sites, etc. for ordering replacement lenses?

Thank you.

Yeah, I suspected it would be some type of chemical. I wear them while biking and have used sun block.

Probably perspiration droplets combined with sum block as you suggest. It's disappointing, we pay good money for both style and (expect) higher quality. I may start using cheap no-name brand $8 sun glasses from Amazon while biking and driving from now on, and wear the Oakley's only on special occasions.

Bummer.

Does anyone have any suggestions, web sites, etc. for ordering replacement lenses?

Thank you.
Lenses for these are available on the Oakley site of you want authentic. Sometime authentic lenses can be found cheaper on ebay or amazon. If you don't care about them being authentic then ebay has all kind of lenses for them.

Cleaning your lens often, and immediately (if you can), will help against de-lam. Especially if you use your glasses often and sweat a lot. Water and oils heated by the sun will increase the chances of de-lam.

Don Ho is the man. I've met many Ho's throughout the years.

Latest Posts

Back