• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lens Marks

OakleyGuru379

Professional Lens Scratcher
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Illinois
I have a few pairs of Oakleys that have these strange circles in the lenses. They are very faint, and look almost like a water stain but aren't. I thought they were scratches at first, but i have seen them on brand new lenses as well. Sometimes they seem to just suddenly appear, and unlike the cross hatch marks that another forum member mentioned, they don't only appear when the lens is wet, but all the time. It seems like every time i clean the lenses that have these marks, more appear, so at first i thought i was scratching them, but on most of my glasses, they are nowhere to be found. They do not affect vision, but they bug the crap out of me! Does anyone else have this problem? I would take a pic, but they don't show up.

Yeah I think I've seen these on my Jawbone lenses, it bugs me enough that I'm going to buy new ones and use the ones with the marks as my mountain biking lenses... they almost look like they are "in" the lens and not on the surface. Hard to explain...

Had them on a pair of my prescription transition lenses, they said it was from sitting in the sun covered on water drops, which makes sense cause I did a lot of fishing that summer- definitely oddball though and they were always there after they appeared- had to have them replaced. Doesn't help you much I know lol but just my experience on the matter...

Hmmm, I have never seen this from a brand new pair in my case (never been outside or worn) but have had customers come in with lens spots and delamination of the lens coatings. I have found this will mostly be the case of (as mentioned) sitting in direct sunlight with water on the lenses, or (delamination) from wearing them in the Ocean (salt water) and have had many people have problem with them putting them up on the dash of their car and leaving them in their car for hours on hot Summer days. It bakes them. I have seen some horrible and nasty lenses from that.

It really isnt that big of a deal, just sort of bothersome. But would it affect uv protection?

Latest Posts

Back